Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insect bombs

Has anyone used these???
    I want to set one off in the roof crawl space.
    Would it be a good idea????

Re: Insect bombs

If you mean "foggers," we've used them regularly. Probably shortened our lifespan by a few days in the process, but at this point it's worth it for the reprieve from periodic bumps in bug populations. Our place is professionally tented and fumigated every other year, but depending on the weather, we'll still have outbreaks of ants or other critters.

So, read instructions, ventilate well after use, and please, don't blow your house up.

Comment

I haven't used one for over 10 years. Usual stuff, read the instructions, make sure no pets or open flames are around when you use it. Also make sure where else does the roof crawl space leads too.

And I think you and everyone else need to vacate the place for around 4 hours or so.

Comment

One other thing, if you're fogging for roaches, you should fog again a week or two after the first one. The first fogging will get rid of most of the roaches, but there still will be lots of eggs around, which will hatch after the deadly cloud is no longer deadly. Then the roaches will do what they do best: reproduce like crazy after they become sexually mature.

Comment

Originally posted by abunaitoo View Post
          I want to set one off in the roof crawl space.
          Would it be a good idea????
          What are you trying to kill? If cockroaches, keep in mind that dead cockroaches bodies, as they decompose, are one of the major causes of asthma and allergies. I don't know if a crawl space full of decomposing cockroaches would be a problem or not, but it is something to consider. Perhaps you can get in there and sweep or vacuum after using the bomb?
          Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Geckos eat the lot. Check it out if you prefer those little lizzards on your walls rather than roaches.

Comment

I got a minivan. I got kids. They leave crumbs and old french fries for roaches to eat. I've bombed my car repeatedly with different brands. The roaches inside end up crawling around in a drunken stupor. They love the stuff.

So now I use Hoy Hoy Trap a Roach which attracts the ants to the stuck roaches then I end up using more bombs to kill the ants...which attracts new roaches, etc...
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
                One other thing, if you're fogging for roaches, you should fog again a week or two after the first one. The first fogging will get rid of most of the roaches, but there still will be lots of eggs around, which will hatch after the deadly cloud is no longer deadly. Then the roaches will do what they do best: reproduce like crazy after they become sexually mature.
                Oh, so that's what happened at my place... I was about to set fire to the whole joint, figgerin that'll get rid of them for good.

Anyone ever try that electronic gadget you plug into your socket? It's suppose to emit a certain frequency that bugs and mice don't like.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
                  Anyone ever try that electronic gadget you plug into your socket? It's suppose to emit a certain frequency that bugs and mice don't like.
                  I've used that at our cabin. It's not that great for keeping mice away but I've noticed it works on my in-laws.
                  ~~~~~~
                  Hanalei Bay Resort | Waipouli Beach Resort | Kuhio Shores

Comment

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
                    My coworker used to have one in her office. It would emit a high pitched noise that would drive me crazy, and the weird thing was, only I and her teenage son could hear it. Anyway, it didn't work... she still had roaches and spiders.

Comment

Use sparingly....know what I mean?

some folks really don't have ANY common sense. Good intentions, yes, but no sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X