This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Lunch - Chapter 11

Prime-Rib and Garlic Shrimp from "Loco Moco" in Koko Marina.

Garlic Shrimp ~ Excellent.
    Prime-Rib ~ The worst I've ever eaten. I dunno wea they get their meat from but it was tough. The plastic knife and my teeth had a hard time cutting it. Foa shame!

P.K. was grinning the whole time cause his food was onolicious!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

A repeat visit to Hank's Haute Dogs where I enjoyed the Polish dog with Maui onion rings - they are still on the menu - may they remain so forever. Washed it all down with hibiscus lemonade...yummy. Even better, good company who sprang for the bill!

Comment

Lunch at Islands Fine Burgers and Drinks at the Hookipa Terrace in Ala Moana Center. I had the "Baja" chicken soft tacos, which were nice but surprisingly bland for something advertised as "spicy." Fortunately, the Kona Pie dessert made up for it all.

Comment

An original Orange Dream Machine Jamba juice and a Cheddar Cheese Jalepeno Twist from Jamba Juice,
          Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Tried out Blazin Steaks out at Windward Mall today

I had the Korean BBQ Chicken and Hubby had 8 oz Steak.

All plates were $6 including fountain drink Rice/ toss salad.
            Good price- but whoever cooked the rice added like 2 cups extra water. It was like eating disgusting mochi.
            Anyway the steak was good, but as I always say the side dishes can make or break the main dish. In this case

Comment

lunch was harm ha roast pork (eric's choice) and eggplant and tofu in slightly spicy garlic sauce (my choice) from au's garden behind new diner's on king. we like going there cause they're cheap ($13.88 for the entire bill), quick (we got in and out within an hour), and courteous. plus the food quality is consistently good for the price no matter what we order--ginger chicken, pork bittermelon, beef ong choy (with or without harm ha), minute chicken, oyster chicken, egg fu yong--it's all been good. oh! their gau gee is perfectly executed.
              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Indian buffet: pakoras, three kinds of curry, pilaf, dal, tandoori chicken, saag, cole slaw, naan, chicken tawaa, and mango pudding at a restaurant that Bill Gates (when he was single) used to eat at in Redmond, near Microsoft. And that was only about half of the selections on the steam table.

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I had lunch today at Island Fine Burgers and Drinks in the Ho'okipa Terrace in Ala Moana Center. I had the Kilauea Burger, Island Fries, and a Coke (which was free refills).
                  Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Snacking on popcorn and a Diet Coke while watching a movie. Would have like to have a hot dog too but new batch would not have been ready by the time the movie started.

After the movie went to Arby's for the Popcorn chicken shakers, beef and cheedar sandwich and cup of Mountain Dew.

Comment

Orange chicken and green-bean chicken from L&L's Chopsticks Express at the Airport Trade Center. With a Rockstar energy drink, a Diet Pepsi, and lots of water.
                      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Two hot dogs and two Nestley's crunch bars. 'A'ole pilikia, I skipped dessert at dinner tongiht. Hahaha!
                        'Alika

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                          Snacking on popcorn and a Diet Coke while watching a movie. Would have like to have a hot dog too but new batch would not have been ready by the time the movie started.

After the movie went to Arby's for the Popcorn chicken shakers, beef and cheedar sandwich and cup of Mountain Dew.
                          What is a popcorn chicken shaker? The mind boggles.
                          http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                          http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Made kalua pig for a party - had to sample some at home first, yeah? Make sure the salt and smoke levels were just right...

Comment

Manapua wagon for me today, closest without driving. $1 noodles and 2 $.50 pieces of chicken with a Diamond Head strawberry soda.
                              ___
                              "Be god to each other."

Comment

Steamed Uhu.

Ahi Poki, and Poi!

Auntie Lynn
                                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                                X