Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guitar Solo Song/Artist Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Solo Song/Artist Recommendations?

i was putting together a folder of songs that are a bit on the heavy side, like avantasia and metallica; i went to youtube to look around and came across some unknowns who can play very well. here are two examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cqW-...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVr38...eature=related

and i got sidetracked; i wonder if you guys know of and can recommend artists or CDs or particular songs which are only or mainly guitar solos? it doesn't matter if they're famous or not or whether they have a stage presence or if they're as stiff as a board (like the second gal!); i'm just interested in the music.

i'd like to create a new folder with songs that are pretty much all guitar solos (e.g., samba pati).

i know you guys know tons more about what's out there so i'm all ears.

thanks.
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Re: song/artist recommendation: focus - guitar playing

Europa-Santana ...'nuff said
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Comment

Re: Guitar Solo Song/Artist Recommendations?

See also: Greatest Guitar Riffs

Comment

Jeff Beck. My favorite, a little thing called "Rice Pudding" from the "Beck-ola" album, if memory serves.
        “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
        http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Re: song/artist recommendation: focus - guitar playing

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
          Europa-Santana ...'nuff said
          Yep...that version is...H-H-Hot!!!
          Another version I like, albeit acoustic and more laid back, is by the original Hapa (Keali`i and Barry).

Comment

Ted Nugent: "Stranglehold" is eight minutes of pure cardio workout pleasure.
            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Well Hey....

You can go HERE and download a beautiful song called Tahiti Sunset.

The guitar player lives here on Oahu, and I hear he posts on HT every now and then.

*cough cough*

www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

Originally posted by DiverDown808 View Post
                Well Hey....

You can go HERE and download a beautiful song called Tahiti Sunset.

The guitar player lives here on Oahu, and I hear he posts on HT every now and then.

*cough cough*

thanks for the link! nice song! did you write it?

before i make the following remark, let me say that it is in no way a put down and i don't even play the guitar. it's just an armchair preference. comment: i think it's a great song but for my taste at the moment, i think i would really flip over it if it were played faster and rougher. as a little comparison, samba pati starts off pretty slowly but carlos lets it rip later in the song; my guess is that you could do the same with tahiti sunset.

of course, this is just an arm chair idea. as the author of the song, you can and should play it the way that you want it to be played.

great tune!

* late edit: i just listened to your Battle March and like it even more than Tahiti Sunset cuz it is less laid back; i like it when the guitar goes for broke!
                Last edited by shaveice; May 14, 2008, 02:01 PM.
                525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
                  opps! i forgot about that thread. thanks for reminding me!

and thanks to everyone for the other suggestions. i'm going to try to track those down.

Comment

Just was listening to one this morning...

Steve Vai: For The Love Of God

Comment

Joe Satriani - "Summer Song"

Gary Hoey - "Hocus Pocus"

Liquid Tension Experiment - "Kindred Spirits"

Eric Johnson - "Cliffs of Dover"

Van Halen - "Eruption"

Trans-Siberian Orchestra - "Wizards In Winter"

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice View Post
                        thanks for the link! nice song! did you write it?

before i make the following remark, let me say that it is in no way a put down and i don't even play the guitar. it's just an armchair preference. comment: i think it's a great song but for my taste at the moment, i think i would really flip over it if it were played faster and rougher. as a little comparison, samba pati starts off pretty slowly but carlos lets it rip later in the song; my guess is that you could do the same with tahiti sunset.

of course, this is just an arm chair idea. as the author of the song, you can and should play it the way that you want it to be played.

great tune!

* late edit: i just listened to your Battle March and like it even more than Tahiti Sunset cuz it is less laid back; i like it when the guitar goes for broke!
                        you wont like any of them after you've heard it be edited ten million times!

Comment

gotta second the Jeff Beck albums....
                          Guitar Workshop (i think) with a cover that had the guitar up on a lift and a mechanic standing under it.

phew..good stuff

Oh and a fellow named
                          Edward Van Halen
                          FutureNewsNetwork.com
                          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

many thanks for all the good suggestions! i appreciate it and will try to get my hands on those tunes.

while doing a search on the web, i came across this gal who, i think, is relatively unknown. (if she's really famous, picture me about 1 inch tall in a corner somewhere!) her name is nori bucci and you can see a sample of her playing here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcDqz-yVKEo

and her homepage: http://www.geocities.com/noribuccimusic/

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                              Ted Nugent: "Stranglehold" is eight minutes of pure cardio workout pleasure.
                              Man, that brings back memories of being in the back of a smoky van.
                              “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                              http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Working...
                              X