Digital TV Over The Air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Digital TV Over The Air

Yeah, I had the problem back then and I'm on Oahu. Now, the sound on 4.2 is not in sync with the picture. I emailed about the problem, but got no response.
    May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

It has been 2 weeks with this problem, I talked to an engineer at KITV named Rodney. The problem with this is it does not affect all TV's. My big LG does not get 4-2, only audio, I also tried an RCA DT800B converter box, it did not work. But my small bedroom Vizio gets it although it randomly pixelates. There number is 535-0206.

Comment

Since cutting the cable cord 2 years ago I have not had any problems with 4.2. Get sound and picture. Haven't noticed any picture and sound synch problems... but then again I am in the Ala Moana area, which I believe is near the KITV transmitter site.

My TV is a tiny 7 inch AudioVox TV-DVD combo player hooked up to an RCA digital to analog converter box and of course hooked into an indoor TV antenna.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

This is being posted as an FYI only.

Honolulu / Oahu TV Channels
          TV stations and networks you can get for free over the air with a TV antenna.

December 2013

Channel - Call Sign - Network or Program format

2.1 KHON - Fox
          2.2 KHON - CW
          4.1 KITV - ABC
          4.2 KITV - MeTV
          5.1 KGMB - CBS
          5.2 KGMB - This TV
          9.1 KFVE - My Network TV
          11.1 KHET - PBS Hawaii
          11.2 KHET - PBS Kids / Create / NHK Japan
          13.1 KHNL - NBC
          13.2 KHNL - Antenna TV
          14.1 KWHE - LeSea (religious) / Independent
          14.2 KWHE - LeSea (religious)
          15.1 KUPU - Hawaii Catholic TV
          20.1 KIKU - Japanese programming
          26.1 KAAH - TBN (Trinity Broadcasting - religious)
          26.2 KAAH - The Church Channel
          26.3 KAAH - JCTV (Christian music videos / religious)
          26.4 KAAH - Enlace (religious - Spanish)
          26.5 KAAH - Smile of a Child (children / Christian)
          32.1 KBFD - Korean TV programs
          32.2 KBFD - Korean TV programs
          38.1 KALO - Religious
          44.1 KWBN - Daystar TV Network (religious)
          50.1 KKAI - Retro TV Network (in Kailua)
          66.1 KPXO - iON Network
          66.2 KPXO - Qubo (children)
          66.3 KPXO - Life Network
          66.4 KPXO - Infomercials

Notes

1. All channels require an antenna to be viewed for free over the air.
          2. Channel reception varies according to transmitter and receiver location.
          3. Most channels are available on cable TV and satellite services.
          4. Network affiliates stream some content online.
          5. Stations with HDTV signals transmit that signal to digital TV sets for free.

Informational Links

Wikipedia Hawaii TV Stations - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ions_in_Hawaii

MOHU TV Antenna - http://www.gomohu.com/ - Enter zip code and see list of TV stations

Antenna Web - http://www.antennaweb.org/

Hawaii Radio & Television Guide - http://hawaiiradiotv.com/HawaiiTV.html
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
            5.1 KGMB - CBS
            5.2 KGMB - This TV
            9.1 KFVE - My Network TV
            Is this right? On DirecTV, 5 is KFVE and 9 is KGMB (and this is also what the Wikipedia reference you give says).

I don't get This TV on DirecTV, so far as I know.
            Greg

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
              Hey, give 'er a break, she's 64 and just came out of a coma. She prolly doesn't even have an antenna (them pesky tenants stole it).
              How amusing. Maybe she knows something you don't:
              Alternately, local commercial and noncommercial television broadcast stations may require a cable operator that serves the same market as the broadcaster to carry its signal. A demand for carriage is commonly referred to as "must-carry." If the broadcast station asserts its must-carry rights, the broadcaster cannot demand compensation from the cable operator.
              http://www.fcc.gov/guides/cable-carr...dcast-stations
              Greg

Comment

Most definitely KGMB is on 5.1 and 5.2 and KFVE is on 9.1. When I get back to Oahu I can take a picture of my TV showing the channel numbers. Otherwise there is this:

KGMB - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KGMB

KFVE - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KFVE

I thought it was a bad idea for those stations to flip the channel numbers but I think it had something to do with the ownership change and consolidation of the news operations. Been in effect since the digital switch-over of 2009 at least.
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

For the second time in 6 months problems with OTA MeTV on Maui, again no pix but with audio. On top of that 7.1&7.2 KAII(KHON) Has been un-watchable. What's up with that? Thank god for ROKU and Hawaiian Telcom.

Comment

Anyone using MOHU TV antenna in Honolulu? I'd like to get information on where you are and what stations you are catching with the MOHU antenna. Would like to know that before I buy one.

I have a regular set top antenna. In the urban Honolulu area I can get KHON 2.1, 2.2, KITV 4.1, 4.2, KWHE 14.1, 14.2, all of the KAAH channels 26.1 - 26.5, KBFD 32.1, 32.2 very well. I have spotty reception on KFVE, KGMB, KIKU, and KALO. I get no reception from KHET, KHNL, KPXO.

I wonder if the MOHU antenna will improve this.

If you live in other areas of Oahu or neighbor islands, tell us your experience with the MOHU antenna.

Link - http://www.gomohu.com/
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I just picked up an indoor flat antenna (unamplified) for use in Mililani Mauka. I get great reception for KGMB, KIKU and a slew of religious channels. Is reception possible from KITV and KHON from Mililani? Would an amplifier help? Channel scans from the tv don't pick up either of these stations so it's probably not even getting a trace of signal.

Comment

I just picked up an indoor flat antenna (unamplified) for use in Mililani Mauka. I get great reception for KGMB, KIKU and a slew of religious channels. Is reception possible from KITV and KHON from Mililani? Would an amplifier help? Channel scans from the tv don't pick up either of these stations so it's probably not even getting a trace of signal.
                        Did you get a MOHU antenna? I am thinking of getting one but if yours from Mililani is not getting KHON and KITV which have their transmitters in town, then I guess getting one for me (I live in town) won't help me pick up KHNL, KGMB and KHET. I have an older Radio Shack rods and triangle shaped indoor antenna. If I could I would put up an outdoor antenna but alas, I live in a condo with rules against that.

So in essence I have the opposite problem. Great reception of KHON and KITV but spotty on KGMB / KFVE and zero reception on KHNL and KHET (PBS).

I get decent reception of KBFD (Korean) and KAAH (religious).
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I guess it's a Mohu style antenna. I went with one with good reviews from Amazon for just over $20. I dug up an old powered splitter that should have amplified the signal, but still no luck in Mililani Mauka in getting KHON and KITV. I guess there's just no signal that's getting through. Mauka has the same strict rules about exterior antennas, so there are limitations as to where I can place the antenna.

Comment

Originally posted by bueller555 View Post
                            I guess it's a Mohu style antenna. I went with one with good reviews from Amazon for just over $20. I dug up an old powered splitter that should have amplified the signal, but still no luck in Mililani Mauka in getting KHON and KITV.
                            That doesn't bode well for my hope to catch KGMB / KFVE / KHNL / KHET. Those stations have their transmitters somewhere on the Waianae mountains.

KHON / KITV's transmitters are in town. I hope they stay there.

What the stations need are booster transmitters in town to repeat those signals on the mountain. And probably vice versa.

A growing number of cable subscribers are cutting the cord. It would be nice if the digital signals over the air were as far reaching as the older analog ones were.
                            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Honolulu / Oahu TV Channels

TV stations and networks you can get for free over the air with a TV antenna.

November 2015

Channel - Call Sign - Network or Program format

2.1 KHON - Fox
                              2.2 KHON - The CW
                              4.1 KITV - ABC
                              4.2 KITV - MeTV
                              5.1 KGMB - CBS + Hawaii News Now
                              5.2 KGMB - This TV
                              5.3 KGMB - Escape
                              9.1 KFVE - Local + My Network TV
                              11.1 KHET - PBS Hawaii
                              11.2 KHET - PBS Kids / NHK Japan
                              13.1 KHNL - NBC + Hawaii News Now
                              13.2 KHNL - Antenna TV
                              13.3 KHNL - GRIT
                              14.1 KWHE - LeSea (religious)
                              14.2 KWHE - Cozi TV
                              15.1 KUPU - Hawaii Catholic TV
                              20.1 KIKU - Japanese programming
                              20.2 KIKU - The Works
                              26.1 KAAH - TBN (Trinity Broadcasting - religious)
                              26.2 KAAH - The Church Channel
                              26.3 KAAH - JCTV (Christian music videos / religious)
                              26.4 KAAH - Enlace (religious - Spanish)
                              26.5 KAAH - TBN Salsa (Spanish)
                              32.1 KBFD - Korean TV programs
                              32.2 KBFD - Korean TV programs
                              32.3 KBFD - Ariang - Korean TV programs
                              38.1 KALO - Religious
                              44.1 KWBN - Daystar TV Network (religious)
                              50.1 KKAI - Retro TV Network (in Kailua)
                              66.1 KPXO - iON Network
                              66.2 KPXO - Qubo (children)
                              66.3 KPXO - ION Life
                              66.4 KPXO - Shop
                              66.5 KPXO - QVC
                              66.6 KPXO - HSN
                              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Has anyone been having problems with MeTV OTA? It seems the progaming and national ads are "pixelized" And when they run the local ads, they are good. This has been going on for over a month.

Comment

Working...
                                X