Ringing In the New Year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ringing In the New Year!

How are you marking the passage into 2007? Where will you be come midnight on Dec. 31, 2006? (Or is midnight part of the next day's morning? Never mind.) Do you have any rituals or traditions? Do you try to blow things up, get a little crazy, find some peace, eat your fill?

As I've mentioned recently, my family and I are on the Big Island. We're fleeing the fireworks haze over Honolulu, and basically resetting our mana, our karma, getting back in touch with our spiritual home, visiting the family grave, and basically catching our breath, literally and figuratively.

I'll be posting photos live to Flickr, random thoughts to Twitter, and collecting video clips to post a few vlog entries early in 2007.

If I don't see y'all before then, have a happy new year!

(And with that, time's up on this hotel terminal...)

Re: Ringing In the New Year!

I got a really comfortable seat on my couch to watch the new year roll in. actually, I won't be watching any dick clark-esque thing on TV. it'll be a typical evening for me. new year schmew year.
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

I'll be working. Get off right at midnight.
      So just another "Night at the museum".
      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

working at home in front of my computer; got a serious deadline to hit. i hope my daughter doesn't wake up when things start to get noisy
        525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

...on my memory foam mattress topper enveloped by a fabulously soft, plush blanket! I can't wait! As long as there isn't a repeat of last year I'll snooze right on thru the hoopla! It's my least favorite night of the year to be out and about.

Comment

Early dinner at Palomino's, maybe walk over to a friend's house nearby or to Aloha Tower afterward, then hit Pearl Nightclub to ring in the New Year at midnight.

Comment

What are your NYE plans?

aloha gang,

the family is all gathering on the ponderosa (family farm), approx 200+ of them, some from off-isle. There will be plenty of artillery to bless in the NY. My daughter will be our designated driver. Its potluck, so I am taking a starbucks coffee traveler (have you ever bought one of those things? <$20, 96oz of trendy coffee, and there is always someone who is stoked to hit it). I have a bottle whose name I cannot pronounce for the partaking.

The house is tidy, and the year was a strong one. Here's to all of you!

Peace on earth,

aloha, Pua'i

*cheers*

pax

Comment

Re: What are your NYE plans?

I'm ready with my Panasonic 10,000 btu Air Conditioner in my room foa Antonio and me tonight! No fireworks and smokes is gonna get my little one! I'll be singing Karaoke and strutting my glitter gown just foa him tonight!heheheh

Happy New Year 2007 Pua'i Mana'o!!!! And Da Rest Of My HT OHANA!!!!

Auntie Lynn
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Glad you started a new thread. Let's leave the ugly one in the old year. Good food, music, ohana (all three of us ) and a wee bit -hic- of eggnog.

Cheers to all you nice people at Hawaiithreads!

Comment

I follow a long standing tradition on NYE...do nuthin'...stay put...stay safe...begin the new year without a headache.
                    The sirens have been screaming non-stop in my neck 'o the woods for over an hour. Must be a fire.

Here's something to help you stay-at-homers celebrate!!!

***HAPPY NEW YEAR***

Comment

I'm sure I'll regret it in the morning & will probably have a headache but..............I just had a shooter of a wonderful tequila called "Milagro" - one of the smoothest I've ever had! I also have some nice 3x cream Brie, some good crackers and a little split bottle of Pomery Champagne for midnite. and as long as my IPod stays charged - I won't feel like taking out any of my idiot neighbors and their fireworks

Happy New Year to all.................
                      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                        The sirens have been screaming non-stop in my neck 'o the woods for over an hour. Must be a fire.
                        Yep. Check it out: http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...069148325.html :
                        The Honolulu Fire Department responded to reports of a brush fire behind Makaha Elementary School just after 1 p.m. today.
                        The fire did not threaten homes or the school, said HFD Capt. Terry Seelig.
                        Eight companies responded and had five-acre blaze Extinguished within two hours.
                        Seelig said this fire was the biggest fireworks related incident so far today. There have been six fireworks related brush fires and one fireworks related rubbish fire today. None of them was known to have caused any damage to homes or buildings.

Hope all of you have a wonderful New Year!
                        Last edited by LikaNui; December 31, 2006, 03:42 PM.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Lets just say we bought $300 worth of fireworks, and we brought out the big amp and speakers for my friend to jam to.
                          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Here's something to help you stay-at-homers celebrate!!!
                            Aw, that's so cute!

My sister and my mom are coming over to my apartment in town. We're gonna catch a movie at Ward and possibly eat out for dinner. We'll be at home for the rest of the night in my a/c apartment. We can see Aloha Tower from my place, so we should be able to catch a glimpse of the midnight fireworks.

Comment

I follow a long standing tradition on NYE...do nuthin'...stay put...stay safe...begin the new year without a headache.

***HAPPY NEW YEAR***
                              My plans are pretty simple, too ... as usual. And I like it that way. I’m shuttered in, with the A/C humming along, TV turned on with volume down (an interesting “meaningless” NFL game—Bears vs. Packers). My fridge is filled with good quality ahi, Alaskan king crab legs, and other goodies. My apartment’s clean. My picture window is displaying a day coming to a mellow end, with an almost full moon hovering above, a pair of fairy terns playfully tracing patterns across an orange-tinged sky, and the coming night ... who knows?

Did I mention I’ve already had three beers?

Have a Happy 2007 everyone!

Comment

Working...
                              X