Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Abercrombie vs. Hanneman: Poll Position?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abercrombie vs. Hanneman: Poll Position?

Time to take the pulse of HT and see where we beat.

Front runners in Democratic Governor bids are obvious, but the vocalizations (typificacions?) here are not so easy to tie down. Everyone seems to be diligently supporting their chosen candidate, but I'd like a more scientific analysis. Hence, a poll.

At this point in time would you rather vote in the primary for Neal or Mufi?

Three choices, in case you would rather vote for someone else; four in case you choose to refrain.

Enjoy. I know I will.

O(ld) K
    Neal Abercrombie
    57.50%
    Mufi Hanneman
    25.00%
    Some other Democratic candidate
    5.00%
    I wouldn't support any of these slime
    12.50%

The poll is expired.

Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Re: Abercrombie vs. Hanneman: Poll Position?

Slime - Splat by ) Jason (, on Flickr
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

hi,i voted for mufi since he'd be the best gov. if their was a poll for mayor's,my vote would be for acting mayor kc.

well thank's for your time

Comment

sansei, did you vote for Mufi three times?! ()
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Not too excited this election. Old Neal has ads against him that report him as being little more than other people's tool in congress and a follower's follower. Always far away from being a "mover and shaker" and avoiding leadership rolls. I can't say those ads aren't true and nor can Neil.

And as for Mufi's "replacement", none other than digging up an old, hardheaded fossil. Kirk Caldwell wasn't even competent enough to get 15 signatures and file for office before the 4:00 deadline, loosing both his house representative seat and city council bid due to his own gross incompetence in 2008. In guess there's no 15 IQ point minimum for office but there is a 15 constituent signature minimum requirement/deadline and even that was too much for Kirkyboy. Do want a guy that can't even complete a simple task that's he's done before and had months of warning to do to be our next mayor?

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
            Neal has ads against him that report him as being little more than other people's tool in congress and a follower's follower. Always far away from being a "mover and shaker" and avoiding leadership rolls.
            I agree with that. Neil hasn't impressed in a long time, but compared to Mufi he's certainly got more true hopes/promise towards making Hawaii better for all and in more sensible ways.
            Mufi has been lousy as Mayor, maybe the worst ever, totally bogus passion and ineffective, who needs that resume towards our Governorship? He often says he's for the people but he not, it's all about him furthering his political life and leaving us in the dust, period.

Comment

Mufi stayed in Hawaii...Neil didn't...

Neil knows more about Congress...Mufi doesn't

Neil cut his ponytail...Mufi plays basketball

Mufi is more local than Neil

Neil is more polished than Mufi

Actually, who does Dan Inouye support?
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                Mufi stayed in Hawaii...Neil didn't...
                Mufi wishes he could have left hawaii

Neil knows more about Congress...Mufi doesn't
                Mufi doesn't... listen to anyone.

Neil cut his ponytail...Mufi plays basketball
                Mufi once played basketball

Mufi is more local than Neil
                Loco maybe but Local? I don't know.

Neil is more polished than Mufi
                Needs no comment

Actually, who does Dan Inouye support?
                Neither because Inouye finally found out that Mufi goes behind people's
                back.

Comment

Originally posted by D'Alani View Post
                  Neither because Inouye finally found out that Mufi goes behind people's
                  back.

not even Neil? WW!!
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                    Neil hasn't impressed in a long time, but compared to Mufi he's certainly got more true hopes/promise towards making Hawaii better for all and in more sensible ways.
                    Your bias towards Mufi aside, Ron, what are some of these ‘hopes and promises’ for Hawai‘i that Neil has mapped out? Frankly, I find your post laughable and absurd, but I’m willing to forget Abercrombie’s dubious record of chasing Dan Inouye’s shadow and humor you for a moment. Any details?

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                    USA TODAY, page 2A
                    11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                      Your bias towards Mufi aside, Ron, what are some of these ‘hopes and promises’ for Hawai‘i that Neil has mapped out? Frankly, I find your post laughable and absurd, but I’m willing to forget Abercrombie’s dubious record of chasing Dan Inouye’s shadow and humor you for a moment. Any details?
                      Mufi sucks. How's that?

Comment

what are some of these ‘hopes and promises’ for Hawai‘i that Neil has mapped out?
                        Not speaking for Ron -

Neil has not said a lot lately. I understand his coffers are not as full as Mufi's, and he may be holding back for a late push.

All I've seen from Mufi is plenty of slick slam-ads (disguised as non-partisan evaluations) bragging about why he's so good and slamming Neil because (among other one-upmanship tactics) he won a contest for having the best beard! Is this guy for real?

One thing we can say for sure: Neil has no problem being himself rather than kowtowing to someone else's standards. I like that.
                        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                        ~ ~
                        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                          slamming Neil because (among other one-upmanship tactics) he won a contest for having the best beard! Is this guy for real?
                          I'm less of a NA supporter today than I was 2 weeks ago, but still see him as better than the choices we've had for decades. I'll vote for him with fingers crossed.

Mufi is probably the biggest crybaby/closet bully, and petty spitting contestant I've ever seen.

Comment

In some thread from a while back, a bunch of people were complaining about Mufi and some policy. And 'Mufi' sounds like a Muppet.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Ron, what are some of these ‘hopes and promises’ for Hawai‘i that Neil has mapped out?
                              Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                              Not speaking for Ron - Neil has not said a lot lately ... Neil has no problem being himself
                              ...meaning being part of the Old boy network?!
                              Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                              I'm less of a NA supporter today than I was 2 weeks ago
                              Mahalo, guys. The fact that neither of you could name a single item on Neil’s agenda, makes me more certain that Mufi is the better candidate.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                              USA TODAY, page 2A
                              11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
                              X