Canned Spam, a favorite in Hawaii. EEEEwwwww

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canned Spam, a favorite in Hawaii. EEEEwwwww

Do you eat your share of canned Spam in Hawaii? Does you mouth water at the thought of Spam musubi, fried Spam and mayo sandwiches, fried rice with Spam?

For me, I cannot stand the stuff. I can honestly say I have NEVER even bought a can of that stuff. Canned corned beef .... yes. Vienna sausages, yes. Spam... NO never. It it far removed from foods that will even make it as far as my shopping cart (translate that to mean, none in my family can ever expect me to cook it!).

Although, since, according to TheGardenIsland online news, "five million pounds or seven million cans (six per person) every year" are consumed in Hawaii, someone is getting to feast on my share. Is it you?

By the way, Guam loves Spam even more than Hawaii, they average 16 cans per person a year!
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Re: Canned Spam, a favorite in Hawaii. EEEEwwwww

I love Spam, so I guess I've been taking some of your share. But I don't go overboard on it.

Originally posted by Amati View Post
    By the way, Guam loves Spam even more than Hawaii, they average 16 cans per person a year!
    Besides Hawaii and Guam, Okinawa, the Philippines, Saipan, and, believe it or not, Great Britain also love and consume large quantities of the pink stuff. The common connection? They are all islands which received large quantities of the canned product as part of U.S. aid during and after World War II, and the natives learned to love it. For the Brits, it even inspired the famous Spam skit by Monte Python.

Comment

I have a few cans of Spam that is part of an older hurricane season stash. I haven't brought any new cans this season, then again I need to check to see if my current stash is still valid.

I don't consider myself a lover or hater of Spam, it is more on the level of able to tolerate it.

I have to say in Hormel's defense at least they tried to market various versions of Spam. Some I tried, others I haven't.

Comment

https://www.khon2.com/news/weird/pum...ing-this-fall/

You like try?

Comment

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2019/0...oure-too-late/

Was the pumpkin spam eaten or saved till Halloween?

Comment

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddri...XtZ?li=BBnb7Kw

I'll just have the plain one.

Comment

Get your FREE Spam musubi from L&L Hawaii | KHON2

August 8 is National Spam Musubi Day.

Comment

Working...
              X