Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Swine Flu

http://www.kitv.com/health/19368291/detail.html

Gov. Lingle made an announcement of 3 probable H1N1 cases in Hawaii.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
      http://www.kitv.com/health/19368291/detail.html

Gov. Lingle made an announcement of 3 probable H1N1 cases in Hawaii.
      According to the Honolulu Advertiser, the Center for Disease Control (CDC) has now confirmed those cases. Incidentally, I am now sick with some kind of flu, so all you stalkers can take a step back.
      CDC confirms three cases of flu in Islands

► Post a comment ► Recommend (10)

Advertiser Staff

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has confirmed three cases of swine flu on O‘ahu involving a school-age child and a military member and his or her spouse, the state Department of Health announced this morning.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
      USA TODAY, page 2A
      11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
        The entire school district in Fort Worth, Texas, closed after a single case of swine flu.
        Auntie Lynn
        Eh, those Ft. Worth people. So my husband's boss is working from home now because of this and decides to take her kids to Disney World. Seriously. Which, yay? Great vacation or bad idea? This just doesn't seem like a smart idea, not because I'm freaked out b/c of the flu, but just because it just doesn't.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

H1N1 (Swine Flu) is here

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar.../90505063/1352
          "With the confirmation of these three cases by CDC, Hawaii joins 38 or more states reporting confirmed H1N1 Influenza A or swine-origin flu activity," according to the Dept of Health. The people people either recently traveled to the mainland, or were family members of a traveler.

Does this news affect your travel plans? Is it something that is in the back of your mind when you are in an enclosed building full of people, like a movie theater? Do you have any concerns?

What, if anything, will you be doing or not doing now that the H1N1 (aka Swine Flu) has hit Hawaii?
          Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Re: H1N1 (Swine Flu) is here

This topic is already being discussed here.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
            USA TODAY, page 2A
            11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
              This topic is already being discussed here.
              What's that you say? Your writing is too small for me to see.

Comment

People, people - why all the shouting? I'm tryin' to catch up on some sleep here... Go back to being nice, now.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                  People, people - why all the shouting? I'm tryin' to catch up on some sleep here... Go back to being nice, now.
                  I did wonder why I was being shouted out, that perhaps I had committed a major HT sin in my error of posting to a new thread. And, it did make me think about another thread's question, "Where Did All The Nice People Go".

Meanwhile, thank you admin for graciously moving my posting to where it belonged.
                  Last edited by Amati; May 6, 2009, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
                    And, it did make me think about another thread's question, "Where Did All The Nice People Go".
                    Aw, TG would be so pleased she had such an impact.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
                      http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar.../90505063/1352
                      "With the confirmation of these three cases by CDC, Hawaii joins 38 or more states reporting confirmed H1N1 Influenza A or swine-origin flu activity," according to the Dept of Health. The people people either recently traveled to the mainland, or were family members of a traveler.

Does this news affect your travel plans? Is it something that is in the back of your mind when you are in an enclosed building full of people, like a movie theater? Do you have any concerns?

What, if anything, will you be doing or not doing now that the H1N1 (aka Swine Flu) has hit Hawaii?
                      Well thank you Amati for your thoughts and questions, much appreciated.
                      I have flown from HNL to Dallas and now to MPLS/STPAUL. Last night I was with 20,000 people at the Elton John/Billy Joel "Face to Face Tour" and it was amazing and no one was wearing masks or such. I leave on Saturday for Chicago but have no mass hysteria public events on the docket. My plans could not have been affected and I saw my physiatrist the day before he said people like me in relatively good health should be o.k. What I can tell you is that so much travel induces major fatigue and the only thing I'm in peril of is traction as my back and legs are ready to give out from pain!

Comment

Given that this is a combination of bird and swine flu wouldn't a more proper name be the flying pig flu?

did anyone wash their hands after reading tis thread?
                        If standing up, please hold on. Sudden stops are sometimes necessary - Da Bus

Comment

I knew it that filthy Swine gave me the FLU. Hack hack hack hack hack.
                          A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

Swine Flew?

OK, now that pigs can fly, let's take advantage and do all those things "they" said we could only do "when pigs fly."

Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                            ~ ~
                            Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                            Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                            Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Costa Rica confirms 1st swine flu death
                              22 minutes ago

SAN JOSE, Costa Rica (AP) — Costa Rica's health minister has confirmed the first death from swine flu in Central America.

Maria Luisa Avila tells The Associated Press that a 53-year-old man died early Saturday. She says the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed he had the swine flu virus.

Mexico has recorded 48 swine flu deaths, two have been reported in the United States and Candanian officials say a woman who died last month had swine flu.
                              http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                              http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Here I sit, broken hearted, tried to sneeze, but only...

Terrifice news!
                                The flu has been confirmed here at UH, in at least one of the dorms...
                                https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
                                X