Go Back   HawaiiThreads.com > Na Mea Ho`ohau`oli > The Big Picture
FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Search Latest Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 27th, 2009, 11:56 PM
Ali`i

Default Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

Saw the movie Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs at the Ward Theatre this afternoon.

It is a story of a young inventor living on an island who's location is just below the "A" in the Atlantic Ocean who makes a machine that turns water into food and then said machine happens to be stuck high in the atomsphere were instead of having rain, various foods starts coming down from the sky.
Old October 11th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Ali`i

Default Re: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

it was cute (took my five year old) but man, i do not appreciate having my ears blown away; i don't mind losing some hearing if i choose to watch a flick like "it might get loud" but this is for "kids"; just my two cents...
Old October 14th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Ali`i

Default Re: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaveice View Post
it was cute (took my five year old) but man, i do not appreciate having my ears blown away; i don't mind losing some hearing if i choose to watch a flick like "it might get loud" but this is for "kids"; just my two cents...
Yeah loud music at a tender age is not a good mix
Old October 15th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Ali`i

Send a message via ICQ to pzarquon Send a message via AIM to pzarquon Send a message via MSN to pzarquon Send a message via Yahoo to pzarquon
Exclamation Re: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this movie. A slightly off-center sense of humor that I could appreciate. Some of the "moral" messages were a bit anvilicious, but for the most part it was a fun ride.

I didn't notice anything unusual as far as the sound or audio levels specific to this film, though. I will say that one of my most consistent complaints about audio in movie theaters is that volume levels are usually too low. I suspect the operators are nervous about blowing out their expensive systems, but good sound is a huge part of the theater experience.