Supreme Court nomination hearings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supreme Court nomination hearings

So who's paying attention to the Senate Judiciary Committee hearings to advise and consent (or not) to Judge Samuel Alito's qualifications and temperament to sit on the Supreme Court of the United States?
    Yes, glued to C-Span
    0.00%
    Somewhat
    75.00%
    What hearings? Who's he?
    25.00%
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Re: Supreme Court nomination hearings

I'm paying attention.

What's interesting is the hysterical outcry from those who oppose Alito's confirmation. They can't seem to discuss the man's qualifications for the bench without devolving into wild-eyed, foaming-at-the-mouth ranting. Being opposed is one thing (and is perfectly understandable); what surprises me is the absolute hair-pulling, head-spinning hysterics of the extremists. The guy is actually pretty middle-of-the-road, but to hear some people talk, you'd think he was the Antichrist. Or Pat Robertson. Or are those the same?

Comment

Re: Supreme Court nomination hearings

Originally posted by MadAzza
      I'm paying attention.

What's interesting is the hysterical outcry from those who oppose Alito's confirmation. They can't seem to discuss the man's qualifications for the bench without devolving into wild-eyed, foaming-at-the-mouth ranting. Being opposed is one thing (and is perfectly understandable); what surprises me is the absolute hair-pulling, head-spinning hysterics of the extremists. The guy is actually pretty middle-of-the-road, but to hear some people talk, you'd think he was the Antichrist. Or Pat Robertson. Or are those the same?
      Wonder why they nevah nominate Auntie Pupule??? J/K

Comment

Working...
      X