Pizza?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pizza?

Y'know, I thought about you as I was writing that, Kimo.

Comment

Pizza thread...?

I searched for a previous thread on this... sorry if I'm searching in the wrong place or something......couldn't find one....

However... who do you think has Hawaii's best pizza?

I had this really weird experience today.... and I was going to post it on HT's Hawaii's favorite Pizza....however there was no thread....

However... today... I dared myself to try 7-11's "Sandwich Pizza"

Holy smokes....the bugga was good.... I love pizza... and this bugga was decent for a quick 7-11 substitute.... think it cost $3.19 out of the warmer...had plenty meat.. plenty cheese...etc...

I think this is the best 7-11 product I've ever tried out of their warmer

Hey.... no need do dishes at least... j/k

Comment

Re: Pizza thread...?

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
        I searched for a previous thread on this... sorry if I'm searching in the wrong place or something......couldn't find one....
        You neva look hard enough!
        http://hawaiithreads.com/showthread....ighlight=pizza

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
          You neva look hard enough!
          http://hawaiithreads.com/showthread....ighlight=pizza

Auntie Lynn
          admin...please transfer my original thread....

Mahalo...

and 7-11 pizza sandwiches rock!

Comment

Please decribe the pizza sandwich to me, I want to try to make one. Was it like a folded-over pizza? Or like a sandwich? Baked? Fried? Bready? Crisp or thick? If you wanted to make one, yourself, how would you do it?

Thanks in avance
            http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
            http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123

However... who do you think has Hawaii's best pizza?
              The only dedicated thread I could find on HT was Pizza?, started by Helen. Perhaps Admin should rename this thread "Hawaii's Best Pizza"?

Between the "big three", Pizza Hut is still my favorite.

As much as I love to shop at Costco, their concession stand Pizza ranks poorly on my list, mainly because of the "spongey" crust texture.

Still, they redeemed themselves in the frozen section when they recently brought in this Sicilian Chicken Pizza. Awesome!

I was very impressed with our order at Buca Di Beppo. It has that true hearth oven baked flavor and the sauce has a home-made flavor to it. Nice.
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I love Hot Pocket Pizza! Cheap, easy and onolicious!

Auntie Lynn
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Threads merged. Be sure to search before posting a new topic. But if you do end up starting a new thread, it's not neccessary to make a whole production out of starting it. Mahalo!

Comment

Come to find out that Sam's Club is no longer sells the Buffalo Chicken pizza. And the South King/Keeaumoku Street location of Taco Bell/Pizza Hut closed last week.

Comment

Our family went through a Hot Pocket phase, buying 'em in huge quantities and stocking up our freezer... but at some point, a switch was thrown and we couldn't stomach 'em any more. Ended up tossing a bunch when they basically got freezer burnt into unrecognizable oblivion. They were tasty, but they also tasted exactly what "bad for you" must taste like, you know?

My kids have taken a liking to the Sbarro's pizza in Mililani Town Center. I think I still like Boston's best, but I haven't had one since we moved out of town. I confess to eating Costco's by-the-slize most often, but that's because of the price, not taste.

Among the basic delivery options, we're a Papa John's family. We keep trying to give Pizza Hut another chance, but it seems they invest more money into the "gimmick pizza of the week" than the quality of their basic product. I don't care if the crust is twisted, filled with three cheeses, topped with cinnamon, plays music when hot and comes apart into special shapes that you can snap together to build a robot, you know? Just give me a pizza and a small tub of garlic butter, and I'm happy.
                      Last edited by pzarquon; June 27, 2006, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                        Come to find out that Sam's Club is no longer sells the Buffalo Chicken pizza. And the South King/Keeaumoku Street location of Taco Bell/Pizza Hut closed last week.
                        Please tell me....what was on that Buffalo Chicken pizza? I'd like to try and duplicate it.
                        http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                        http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

One of the most interesting and best tasting pizzas I've had in awhile is a chicken alfredo with olives. I don't particularly care for pizza sauce and normally will order a pizza margherita (mozarella cheese only, no pizza sauce, with fresh tomatoes and basil), but this chicken alfredo pizza sounded interesting, so I ordered it. It was exactly as advertised: pieces of chicken covered with alfredo sauce and black olives and lotsa cheese on top. I thought it was going to be a personal size pizza but what came to the table was a 16" one (for $14.95). I could only eat 3 slices and the rest unfortunately had to go into the dumpster because we were on a 900-mile road trip...

Miulang
                          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon
                            Please tell me....what was on that Buffalo Chicken pizza? I'd like to try and duplicate it.
                            Meat was spicer, in chunks of red nodules. No tomato sauce, mostly was a white cream or cheese sauce to it.

Comment

I tried Mama's Island Pizza in Kailua a few months back, and I'm hooked! I'm not a huge fan of pizza, but this is some of the best I've ever had. The ingredients are really fresh and they put plenty of sauce on it (I don't like dry pizza). My husband and I go there at least once a week to share a pizza and a pitcher of beer. Good stuff!

Comment

Ah, yes, Mama's. Previously discussed here and elsewhere. Can't believe I still haven't made it over to check it out... especially disgraceful since we used to make the drive into Kailua for Boston's (back when it was the only location).

Comment

Working...
                                X