Rainbow Stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aloha Stadium

Just wondering if Aloha Stadium was torn down and the new stadium be it at the same location or a different location, would this new stadium be able to switch between football or baseball configuration or just build it for football use?

Comment

Re: Rainbow Stadium

This is very unlikely plan since there are not other alternatives as far as eating capacity is concerned for the events that the stadium hosts. And there really is no alternative site in town to build a stadium. We're stuck with that metal beast!

Comment

Re: Rainbow Stadium

I remember the old termite palace and as a kid walking under the South King Street bleachers to look for dropped change and sneak the occasional peak as a kid. But the best was the S&S saimin half cooked in that cup of steaming stock and trying to break that brick of frozen saimin with those cheap wooden chopsticks. Eventually the chopsticks would splinter in half and you had to eat it with truncated hashi.

And the guys listening to the play by play on their radios behind first base in the bleachers and having their radios feedback into the broadcast mike.

One thing I wished could have been preserved at the old Honolulu
        Stadium site was the location of Home plate. I would take my boys out to the park where the stadium was and try to remember where that plate would have been walking around the grassy area. When you walk the park nowdays its hard to imagine a stadium on that small site much less auto racing with the Uncers. Those were the day!

The Aloha Stadium...well not too many fond memories of that place other than the time my broadcast crew (Starcomm Hawaii) was busted at the turnstyles trying to sneak in some chinese food during one of our ILH Boy's football games there. That night we bet each other that Pizza Hut could sneak in a large pepperoni pizza if we asked for delivery. We joked when we made the call, but almost choked on our water bottles when the buggah knocked on the pressbox door when he delivered it
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
        X