Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sales Tax on Internet Purchases

Originally posted by matapule View Post
    Wha? Yu like crappy roads an' no public resrooms in 808? Yu no lik where tax money spent so yu say I pay no taxes? Called trowing baby out wit bafwater!
    Thus far, that's a non-issue since I don't think this particular bill/mandate/whatever has passed yet (I could well be wrong on that, I haven't really been paying that much attention).

But reducing shipping costs; I'm all for that.
    Last edited by Zovo; April 29, 2011, 03:08 PM.
    Grab some goggles and answer to nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by Zovo View Post
      But reducing shipping costs; I'm all for that.
      Now we talk 'bout somting diffrent! Matapule all foa free shipping! Jus' add shipping into cos' of product and den gimme free shipping. Hana ho!
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
        I'd also like to mention how much i hate how ebay sellers and certain amazon sellers do not ship to hawaii for bogus reasons or overcharge for shipping and handling.
        Dis call "hidden profit." No liki, no by.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

The 2 bills that would have imposed a tax on internet and catalog sales died in conference committee this past week.

SB 1355

HB 1183
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
            Dis call "hidden profit." No liki, no by.
            yeah but sometimes they realize that shipping to hawaii costs more by their shipper and try to charge you for the difference (ebay) after you have already paid them.
            Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
              yeah but sometimes they realize that shipping to hawaii costs more by their shipper and try to charge you for the difference (ebay) after you have already paid them.
              When it comes to eBay, I always get a shipping quote from the seller before I bid or "buy it now". The sellers who make me scratch my head are those who refuse to ship to Hawaii!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                When it comes to eBay, I always get a shipping quote from the seller before I bid or "buy it now". The sellers who make me scratch my head are those who refuse to ship to Hawaii!
                On the mainland they can ship Parcel Post and save big bucks on shipping while all the while claiming it's 2-3 day delivery (which is typically true). Parcel Post to Hawaii means, it sits on the dock in CONUS with a must sail date no later than 8-weeks because parcel post has the lowest priority to ship to Hawaii when higher priority mail must sail. This is the reason why they don't like to ship to Hawaii.

In order to guarantee 2-3 day shipping via USPS it would have to be shipped with a much higher priority thus higher shipping costs that they would have to bear because of their stated shipping time and cost.
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                  On the mainland they can ship Parcel Post and save big bucks on shipping while all the while claiming it's 2-3 day delivery (which is typically true). Parcel Post to Hawaii means, it sits on the dock in CONUS with a must sail date no later than 8-weeks because parcel post has the lowest priority to ship to Hawaii when higher priority mail must sail. This is the reason why they don't like to ship to Hawaii.

In order to guarantee 2-3 day shipping via USPS it would have to be shipped with a much higher priority thus higher shipping costs that they would have to bear because of their stated shipping time and cost.
                  A 2-3 day shipping guarantee isn't needed...unless a higher priority service with a higher shipping charge is selected. The seller does not have to eat the cost. Why do some sellers offer shipping to Hawaii and others don't? Instead of refusing to ship to Hawaii, all a mainland seller needs to do is mention the parcel post scenario or that Hawaii (and probably Alaska) shipping charges are higher and to email for a quote OR put that calculator thingie on the auction page so we can get the quote ourselves. This isn't rocket science!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    This isn't rocket science!
                    Unless you're Helen?

Comment

Working...
                    X