Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y.M.C.A: Y Name Change

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/12/us...o_interstitial

Y.M.C.A is going to change its name to The Y. Why? The Y sounds too girl on girl.

Re: Y.M.C.A: Y Name Change

Somewhere, the choreographer for The Village People is sweating.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I wonder how Yahoo will take this since they are using the "Y" in their logos
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Y o y ?
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I don't mean to get all religious, but I know a lot of believers who have had a problem with the C in that name. Since it has clearly been a secular organization for ages, I'll bet it hasn't been very comfortable with the C either.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
            I don't mean to get all religious, but I know a lot of believers who have had a problem with the C in that name. Since it has clearly been a secular organization for ages, I'll bet it hasn't been very comfortable with the C either.
            I bet at least half of their paying customers have had a problem with the "M", too...
            Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
            Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
            We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
            Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

well anyone over 40 will probably have a problem with the "Y" as well.
              the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

Comment

Is it still an association? Maybe it should just be the A.
                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Perhaps they are just laying the groundwork for a merger of all YMCAs and YWCAs [some areas have already done so]. Because calling a merged organization "The YMAWCA" [The Young Men And Womens Christian Association] would get pretty cumbersome. But calling them both, combined, "The Y" would be way easier.

I'll take odds that within a few years both groups are merged. And they'll be simply called "The Y".
                  Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Working...
                  X