Where Did All The Nice People Go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where Did All The Nice People Go?

I want Auntie back. She is real good at giving "whacks whacks" and keeping everyone in line.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
      I want Auntie back. She is real good at giving "whacks whacks" and keeping everyone in line.

Auntie went?
      http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
      http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
        Hi, Sweetie. Lovely to be back...and I am going to have to tell you all about how the hams are doing.
        Welcome back! I've missed your posts! AND- Do tell us about those hams!
        You have great pork stories

Comment

Might not be posting much lately, but I do my share of keeping up with everyone. Matapule keeps up with the swine flu status, I love reading Lika's boat threads, I'm learning about other folk's orchids (my cattleyas are getting ready to bloom again, hope it's not while I'm out of town--oops, back on topic) and Menehune Man has me all interested in geocaching. Kungpao's link to the music site is way cool and y'all helped me with researching the Ipod thing. I enjoy keeping up with all the threads.

I'm not good at snarkiness. That's conflict...gives me a rash.

All in all, I think the nice peeps are still here; at least I saw a bunch in the pics from the picnic, and read a bunch online!

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
            Auntie went?
            I'm hea.

I've been reading. *sigh* Am glad Admin gave vacations. I love HT. We're an Ohana. Let's keep it that way.

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
              ..Or everyone is just laughing at me to everyone else.
              Nope, its way more fun to laugh with you!

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
              ... His Snark poem "describes with infinite humor the impossible voyage of an improbable crew to find an inconceivable creature".
              And that last sentence pretty much sounds like the purpose of HT.
              Aaaaahahahahahaa! Nice one, Lika!

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
              TG, with all due respect, this is the most passive-aggressive post I have ever seen you write, and it truly is beneath you. Please, flay the balls and ovaries of those...and free the others from suspecting you mean them. That isn't fair....Youʻve obviously got names and scenarios on your mind; woman up and tell it straight!
              Conscience feeling a little weigthy there, Pua'i? Anyway, if you thought I was gonna take that obvious bait - think again. I have no reason to name names, and of course, everyone here has their good days and bad. All I want is to see a return of the nice posts. And the nice people who contribute to the posts. That's all.

Only thing beneath me is the floor. Consider yourself 'flayed'.

I miss Auntie! And welcome back Susie and Mike!
              Last edited by turtlegirl; April 28, 2009, 12:12 PM.
              ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                Nope, its way more fun to laugh with you!

Only thing beneath me is the floor.
                Okay, this? Totally made me think of when I slipped on moss outside of your house and went flying. We were both laughing our @$$es off and your landlady's grandson was looking out the window and pointing, then she cornered S as soon as he came home from work.

Or when you fell down the hill on NYE and came back to our hotel all sad because you'd skinned your knee.

Or when I totally bit it out at Dillingham Beach. (Still have scars!)

So I'm glad you'd rather laugh WITH me. And between the two of us, I think one of us is usually on the floor!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Another trend on tv is to be loud. The ESPN sportswriters will yell at each other even when they agree on different sports topics. As Gene Simmons of Kiss would scream/sing I Love It Loud. And then he would do that thing with his tongue.

Comment

(deleted - I'm confused on how to delete something)
                    Last edited by anapuni808; April 28, 2009, 10:25 PM.
                    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                      I'm hea.

I've been reading. *sigh* Am glad Admin gave vacations. I love HT. We're an Ohana. Let's keep it that way.

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn
                      Cuddles to Lynn from across these puddles.

Comment

I'm still here too. We got some nice weather, so I was busy planting a banana plantation and tropical fruit paradise. Yum!

People are people. Good and bad days. Don't know too much about other sites, but I really like the people here. Auntie's right. We're Ohana.

Comment

Been a member here since 2004 and just check in once in awhile to see what's going on here but post whenever.

So "hi" to Lynn and Susie especially (from back then) and hope you're doing fine!!

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                            (deleted - I'm confused on how to delete something)
                            Once you post something, there's a time limit in which you can edit it - but you can't actually delete/remove the box that shows you posted some message. I believe Admin can do so, upon request, but as a general rule he avoids doing so. Ya gotta have a good reason, in other words.

Comment

Didn't Rosie O'Donnell used to be called the Queen of Nice? How truthful did that description turned out to be?

Comment

Hey Leo - thanks for the info!
                                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Working...
                                X