Is drinking old sodas bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is drinking old sodas bad?

No worry...it's only a suggested sell-by date for canned goods. Anyway, IF the bird flu pandemic hits, you'll be surprised at what you'll be able to eat.
    http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
    http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon
      Drinking any kine soda is bad. Old or not.

No forget to brush your teeth.
      In college one of my jobs was at a Pepsi bottling plant. A couple times a week a fork lift would spill a pallet of soda, breaking the bottles and covering the floor with fresh soda. By the time we were done sweeping up the broken glass and mopping up the soda...the concrete under the mess would be nearly white.

Yeah I saw that all the time, but even still, pokahku head me would still drink the stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
        If you're lucky and ever come across a bottle or can of Coke that was manufactured in Mexico (they still use cane sugar there), you will taste a big difference between what we're used to and what the Mexicans get to drink.
        I've mentioned this in a previous post before that Coca-Cola sweetened with cane sugar is still manufactured in the USA during the Passover season.

I remember telling a friend of mine, who happens to be Jewish, how I missed cane sugar sweetened Coca-Cola. He told me that if I ever really wanted some, that I could still get it for a brief period of time in the spring. During the Passover season in spring, many East Coast bottlers of Coke will make special batches of cane sugar Coke, to be consumed at Passover, as regular corn syrup sweetened Coke is not certified as kosher for consumption during Passover. The cane sugar Coke, available in 2 liter bottles, can be distiguished from corn syrup sweetened Coke, in the markets, by the color of the screw-off caps on the bottles; regular corn syrup sweetened Coke has the usual red caps, the cane sugar sweetened Coke has yellow caps, with (if one looks close enough) something written in Hebrew, as well as certification that it has been approved as kosher for Passover consumption by a local rabbinical council.

Like Miulang said, there is a marked difference between the two...the cane sugar variety is so sweet in comparison to the corn syrup variety.. In fact, the cane sugar variety is so sweet I swear I feel plaque building up on my teeth minutes after drinking it! All told, I now prefer the corn syrup variety. ..it seems crisper and more refreshing to me.

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
          I just realized I drank three cans of soda that were a month passed their expiration date (the date that was on the bottom of the can). When I took a closer look, the bottom was corroded for sitting in the cooler. I guess the previous owner didn't clear out the sodas and now the current owner (my boss) thought they were new. There's water bottles in there also, but they don't look old.

Will I be okay after drinking those stuff, or should I go to the doctor?
          I was just looking at this, again....you're not a real 'doc', are you?

Comment

This is all too funnyyyyyyyyyyy...

Girl you will be fine. Those are sell by dates..... and yes, the soda may be flat and all........ but it surely will not kill you.

Manoa.... I agree with you... I eat eggs past the sell date..... just make sure they are welllllllll coked... afterall... we refigerate them...
            Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
            Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
              You're probably going to die.
              It's too late for the doctor.
              Sorry.
              Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN
              Might as well go ahead and eat that spinach you were going to toss into the trash.
              This is exactly what I need to see when I log on to HT first thing in the morning (which I only did today, because of a conference call at home.) Thanks for the laughs, you two.

Comment

I'm guessing anyone whose folks go way back in Hawaii has acquired some tolerance to consuming canned goods past their expiration date. No worrries.
                “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

I was just looking at this, again....you're not a real 'doc', are you?
                  I got that nickname from Boy Scouts, when I used to always carry a first aid kit.

Originally posted by Queenolu
                  Girl you will be fine. Those are sell by dates..... and yes, the soda may be flat and all........ but it surely will not kill you.
                  That's the first time I saw someone refer to me as a female. wow.
                  How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I got that nickname from Boy Scouts, when I used to always carry a first aid kit.

Well...that IS a girl in a skirt, the picture avatar. You gonna explain?

Comment

Well...that IS a girl in a skirt, the picture avatar. You gonna explain?
                      Well his name is Adrian and that avatar is of a cute little girl and there have been attempts for girls to join the cubscouts.

But Adrian is a unisex name as in Jesse (my little one).
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I just realized I drank three cans of soda that were a month passed their expiration date (the date that was on the bottom of the can). When I took a closer look, the bottom was corroded for sitting in the cooler. I guess the previous owner didn't clear out the sodas and now the current owner (my boss) thought they were new. There's water bottles in there also, but they don't look old.

Will I be okay after drinking those stuff, or should I go to the doctor?

Really,. . . too late now anyway, I think. Drink lots of fresh "good" water, and if you ingested any toxins, the extra fluids that you take in will dilute the toxins. I doubt also if you have done yourself any harm. The damage to watch for is usually in the kidneys or liver. So, like I said, drink clear water, and drink it over the next 72 hours, until your "pee" is coming out very clear, ie) almost like the water you drink.

Try not to worry about it. What's done is done, and now you need to concentrate on the remedy, and not get too stressed. I am a nurse, and if you came into our ER, this is what we would advise you to do at this point.

Malama Pono,

Claudia

Comment

Originally posted by ojosverdesdegato
                          Really,. . . too late now anyway, I think. Drink lots of fresh "good" water, and if you ingested any toxins, the extra fluids that you take in will dilute the toxins. I doubt also if you have done yourself any harm. The damage to watch for is usually in the kidneys or liver. So, like I said, drink clear water, and drink it over the next 72 hours, until your "pee" is coming out very clear, ie) almost like the water you drink.

Try not to worry about it. What's done is done, and now you need to concentrate on the remedy, and not get too stressed. I am a nurse, and if you came into our ER, this is what we would advise you to do at this point.

Malama Pono,

Claudia
                          Just don't drink more than a gallon of water at one time...that'll kill ya.

Adrian something tells me that if you drink only water for 72-hours, don't consider driving or doing any computer repair during the last 36 hours okay? The body needs nutrition and water doesn't provide enough of it. Lack of proper nutrition and certain organs start to shut down including the liver and kidneys.

OH and Adrian...when Claudia writes "ie" she doesn't mean Internet Explorer okay She's Illustrating an Example.
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                            Just don't drink more than a gallon of water at one time...that'll kill ya.

Adrian something tells me that if you drink only water for 72-hours, don't consider driving or doing any computer repair during the last 36 hours okay? The body needs nutrition and water doesn't provide enough of it. Lack of proper nutrition and certain organs start to shut down including the liver and kidneys.

OH and Adrian...when Claudia writes "ie" she doesn't mean Internet Explorer okay She's Illustrating an Example.

(LOL)
                            Hope I didn't sound like I was advising ONLY water...I just meant to increase the amount of clear fluid, especially water. And yes, if someone were to drink an overdose of water, it can cause many problems, starting with the "hemolysis " of Red Blood Cells, thereby leading to a deficiency in Poatssium, which "could" lead to irregular heartbeat, and hence a heart attack. Too much water at one time can also lead to a condition called "Diabetes Insipidus". . . but it would be difficult to drink THAT much water.
                            . . . And, sorry, I didn't read all the thread. I jumped in before I read it all. For some reason I thought I was only the third poster. Duh!

Malama pono,

Claudia

Comment

Well then Adrian....... change your Avatar to a boy... and we will not think or mistake you are a female..... he he he...
                              Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
                              Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by ojosverdesdegato
                                (LOL)
                                And yes, if someone were to drink an overdose of water, it can cause many problems, starting with the "hemolysis " of Red Blood Cells, thereby leading to a deficiency in Poatssium, which "could" lead to irregular heartbeat, and hence a heart attack.
                                A female runner, in either the '99 or '00 Chicago Marathon, died from drinking too much water before and during the race. Just what ojosverdesdegato posted really did happen..the girl drank so much water, in hopes of maintaining her hydration, that her salt levels were thrown all out of whack, and alas, she died out on the course.

We runners are always advised to drink plenty of fluids during a race, but there comes a time while running the race, when one's body will let you know that one has had enough.. usually about the time when the fluids you take in start to slosh around in one's stomach...that's the time to lay-off of them for awhile.

Comment

Working...
                                X