Have you met someone famous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Have you met someone famous?

Here's someone I almost met. I was living in Hong Kong and my young son (maybe 3 years old) and I were at a friend's country home one weekend. The friend said he was going over to a house with a pool down the road to watch some of the filming of a martial arts movie. He was a friend of the star. We were invited to tag along. It was late in the afternoon, so I declined and went home. A few days later, the martial arts actor died. It was Bruce Lee.

I've visited the graves of Bruce and Brandon Lee here in Seattle. It's a popular spot to visit.

It would have been a nice thing for my son to have been able to say that he'd met Bruce Lee. I kinda regret not going that day.

Comment

While I was still back home in Hawaii........

- When I worked for SAM GOODYS I worked at the ALA MOANA location eons ago and rung up this kid and looked up and noticed it was CHARO behind the kid wearing dark sunglasses. The kid was buying a EDITED CD Sdtk and was asking if this is the version that the kid wants and CHARO looks at me playing dumb.

- The guy that used to be the drummer for Guns and Roses was in and was ranting that he can't believe that he is buying his own album which I assumed that he co-produced with Axl Rose. The album was LIES which came after Welcome To The Jungle. BTW, the ex drummer did not look so good apperancewise.

- Seen Richard Chamberlin too also. He looked like a GHOST as I recall.

At the PEARLRIDGE store that I worked at also....

- I rang up Nalani Choy of Na Leo. She too also was in dark glasses but I knew it was her....

- I did not meet the man but my fellow co-workers said that actor/music star ICE-CUBE watlzed in DRUNK cuz they said that they could smell the alcohol on his breath

- Jordan Knight when he was with NKOTB came in with the gals called SWEET SENSATION giggling and laughing when we used to stock LP's and make fun of themselves on the LP's and giggle right on out of the store.

Now here in CALIFORNIA......

I have rung up.......

- Robin Williams, very nice

Got singer Chris Issak to sign his CD at the time on the booklet that I nervously got.
      Very handsome but kinda looks OLDER in person and SHORT!

Encountered actress Michelle Pfeiffer, very nice but self concious and rather keep her identity on the DL

I have been told that.....

- Jon Bon Jovi is a jerk and if he is making a purchase and if you are forced to ask for ID he gets egh if he has to produce ID. Same thing as SHARON STONE

Comment

When I lived in Bend, I think I was 23. I had drinks with Sam Elliot. I was with a g/f and we were out having fun. we were sitting at the bar and he came up and bought us drinks and we visited for about hour or so.
        I just thought he was a biker and we had a nice chat.
        He said it was refreshing to meet people who were not star struck and I asked him who he was and he told me!
        He invited us to play pool in Sunriver, we said no. That was that. He was super nice.
        My only celebrity! EVER! Prolly will never meet another.
        Since when is psycho a bad thing??
        Sharing withother survivors...
        www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

I was at out of town for some business training with a past company who used Paula Abdul as a promotional spokesperson. (this was back in the early/mid 90's before her big leap to American Idol). Back then, she seemed sweet. She is a tiny little thang!

Comment

• Local Celebs you met/encountered

Let's see....

Many years ago MUFI HANNEMAN visited the elementary school I happen to be at and he was campaigning for something for what I fo get and he's shaking hands and tried kissing me on the cheek.
            HEY HEY HEY! I settled for shaking hands instead cuz I am a guy.
            Now if he was someone good looking then I would have let it sly.

When I used to work at SAM GOODYS in Pearlridge Nalani Choy lead singer of Na Leo came up to my reg cuz I kno waz her unda da Jackie O. Glasses buying a Rolling Stone magazine. She tried to be icognito

I was in a monorail car the one at Pearlridge goin from what was referred as Phase 1 to Phase 2 *LOL* and it was then KHON news personality Barbara Tanabe with her son. Was too chicken to say haaaaaay!

And though he is not from the islands but makes his home now I saw Richard Chamberlain at the ALA MOANA Sam Goodys that I used to work at briefly and boy! He looks pasty white in person.

Comment

I met Alice Cooper yesterday.
              My friend plays bass in his band, and asked me to write a song for his next record. So far, it's in the list of songs to record. Hopefully, it makes it to the album.

Would be ironic because people have been telling me I look like him for years.

Oh, and at the NAMM Convention last weeken I met Adrian Grenier from Entourage. That was cool, considering how much I love that show.

Last edited by tikiyaki; January 24, 2007, 04:46 AM.
              http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
              Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
              Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Whoops.... I must be gettin old since I already said the same thing from my recent post versus the earlier one I deed.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
                  The guy that used to be the drummer for Guns and Roses was in and was ranting that he can't believe that he is buying his own album which I assumed that he co-produced with Axl Rose. The album was LIES which came after Welcome To The Jungle. BTW, the ex drummer did not look so good apperancewise.
                  A lot of guys have played drums for GNR, but it sounds like you're talking about Steven Adler. However, Adler was not a producer of GNR Lies. I am pretty sure Matt Clink produced Appetite for Destruction (which wasn't called Welcome to the Jungle) and GNR Lies.

So was Adler cool?
                  But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

My not-too-impressive G'n'R connection: Duff's brother, Bruce, is a VP in our company.
                    Yes, Duff has visited us. Very friendly guy, and very willing to share stories.

Comment

My not too impressive GnR connection...

Mike Clink produced my "Fuzzbubble" album. I heard some great stories about the GnR guys. They definintely were true to their bad boy image, from the stuff he told me.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                        A lot of guys have played drums for GNR, but it sounds like you're talking about Steven Adler. However, Adler was not a producer of GNR Lies. I am pretty sure Matt Clink produced Appetite for Destruction (which wasn't called Welcome to the Jungle) and GNR Lies.

So was Adler cool?

Yes it was Adler and boy he did not look so good in person
                        Kinda druggie lookin...

Comment

Of course, when I was small kid, every kid in Hawaii went nuts when they spotted Checkers and Pogo out in public.

Growing up, my mom's b/f did pig roasts and played music at parties and got to hear quite a few of the good ones.....Ka'apanas, Iz, MSN, and a bunch of others that I just can't remember now. I didn't get into Hawaiian music until I was in my early teens, so I can't remember exactly who I saw. Also sat next to Frank DeLima on a trip to or from Maui. My friends didn't know who he was and he taught them how to make 'fish face'

Most of my run-ins/brushes with celebs have been going through LAX or HNL. Have seen George Kennedy( he was sitting on one of the baggage carousels at HNL), the guy who played Greg Brady (I was blocking his view of the World Series at a sports bar) and Alyssa Milano.

Sports figures: I met Pete Rose at a signing event at a car dealership not too long before he left baseball. Just wish I could find the pic. Also have seen Michael Jordan at Daytona several times. He owns a motorcycle race team and makes it down there every year....even got to ride beside him for about a block and a half. He's hard to miss; his GSXR-1000 is painted in Carolina Blue and as tall as he is, it looks he's riding a mini-bike...lol.

Bush Jr was in town a couple of times a few years ago and the first time, I was working traffic control in front of my fire station when he went by at about 70 miles an hour. At least I think it was him.....it was all a blur...lol. The entourage was impressive. Prob about 30 vehicles in all involved. When he came back through, I worked fire watch in a federal building and he passed about 10 feet away. Nothing special, but close enough.

Mom got to meet Jack Lord and had her pic taken with him back in the early 70's and a bunch of my dad's navy buddies from Pearl ended up as extras on an episode of Hawaii 5-0 when they were shooting down there. His buddies forgot to tell him about the shoot and it was one of the few times he called off sick!

Dad worked at HNL and LAX and literally has run into hundreds of celebs, but did hang a lot with a couple of the Doobie Brothers when he lived in LA in the 80's.

When I was back out there to Oahu in August of '06, ran into Famous Amos outside an elementary school on Windward Side. Took a couple of pictures of my g/f and I standing with him. Funny thing is that most people on the mainland don't realize Famous Amos is actually a real person....kinda chuckle every time I show them the pic...

Comment

Originally posted by Wixxy View Post

When I was back out there to Oahu in August of '06, ran into Famous Amos outside an elementary school on Windward Side. Took a couple of pictures of my g/f and I standing with him. Funny thing is that most people on the mainland don't realize Famous Amos is actually a real person....kinda chuckle every time I show them the pic...
                            Wally Amos started his empire here in LA on the A&M recording studio lot.
                            Sadly, he got his empire taken from him by his stockholders, (or something like that). He's got a new store in Kailua tho. Love those Famous Amos Cookies !

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
                              Mike Clink produced my "Fuzzbubble" album.
                              How did that come about? Did Puffy hook you guys up with him, or did you pursue Clink on your own?

I think Appetite for Destruction is one of the greatest-sounding albums I've ever heard, so I'd love to hear about what Clink was like as a producer.
                              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
                                Wally Amos started his empire here in LA on the A&M recording studio lot.
                                Sadly, he got his empire taken from him by his stockholders, (or something like that). He's got a new store in Kailua tho. Love those Famous Amos Cookies !
                                I remember when that happened. It was sad because HE made it what it was. After we ran into him, we went to his store. It was great being able to have some fresh Famous Amos cookies.......yeah, yeah, that's not the name of 'em, but still just as good!

Btw, he uses a lot of the money he gets from the sales of his new cookies to promote reading for kids. He even has a couple of characters out to help promote it.

He's a class act all the way!

Comment

Working...
                                X