This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UH Survey on HawaiiThreads

I bought two books: while the rainbow goddess wept, and native son.
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

I bought Greg Graffins' New book:

Anarchy, Evolution, Faith, Science and Bad Religion in a World Without God
      flickr

An email from God:
      To: People of Earth
      Date: 9/04/2007
      Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
      God

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
        I bought Greg Graffins' New book:

Anarchy, Evolution, Faith, Science and Bad Religion in a World Without God
        I'd like to read it after you're done.
        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
          I'd like to read it after you're done.
          I am looking forward to getting into it, I love Greg. he is more known for his work as the front-man for Bad Religion, a punk band, but he is also a professor at UCLA, and a really smart dude.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Graffin
          flickr

An email from God:
          To: People of Earth
          Date: 9/04/2007
          Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
          God

Comment

Having recently re-located to a colder climate, I applied the credit to a space heater . . . Amazon sells everything!

Comment

I had fun with my gift card. Eldest spawn is a gypsy at heart and travels every chance she gets. I found this great water bottle that packs really well. Then, I found...these...which I couldn't resist as a gag gift! Trouble is, she didn't find that one funny. She actually LOVED it (and the water bottle) and will be buying both products for her traveling buddy for Christmas! Jeez...I try to be funny and end up scoring points instead! Life is full of surprises!

To get free shipping I purchased a needed office supply from this web site.

Comment

I just used the gift cert on this camera tripod that should be awesome. BTW, anyone hear when the results are coming?
                What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens

Comment

Did we ever hear results of this survey?

Comment

The title of the final paper was "Online Social Behaviors and Prediction of their Implications for the Physical World." Here's one summary of the results:
                    Social science methods were used to measure social action event magnitude, which was used as a dependent variable against which keyword, post, and tag frequency from social media were compared. The results show that we are able to extract events based on the magnitude of crowd attention in social media. Moreover in some cases social media helps to predict upcoming events in real-world.

Future research would look at comparison between these methods and more traditional social science methods, including surveys, but also including methods such as prediction through change in social structural variables (political and economic). Comparisons with hybrid methods such as social science attitudinal content analysis of online social media would also yield additional insights into the relationship between activity in virtual communities and on the ground.

Comment

Thank you. I guess I was expecting something different.

Comment

Is there like a PDF link or something to the survey? Would have been nice if everyone here had access to that.
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                        X