No announcement yet.

Hawaiian Airlines- A Great Experience!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaiian Airlines- A Great Experience!

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...165650816.html

"Hawaiian Airlines remained the nation’s most-punctual airline with 93.9 percent of its flights arriving on time in June.

The state’s largest carrier beat out 14 other carriers, according to the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Air Travel Consumer Report released today. The national average was 80.7 percent.

In other categories, Hawaiian ranked second in fewest canceled flights with eight out of 6,470 flights, or 0.1 percent; fifth for consumer complaints with five out of 827,319 passengers, or 0.6 percent; and eighth for mishandled baggage reports with 2,378 out of 788,652 passengers, or 3.02 percent.

In a category measured on a quarterly basis, Hawaiian was third in fewest over-sales, or passengers involuntarily denied boarding, in the second quarter with 11 out of 2.3 million passengers, or 0.05 percent."

I have to admit that I used to usually fly with 'Aloha' just because that was the brand I chose, but I have never had a bad experience with 'Hawaiian' then or to date either. So... Go Hawaiian!
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Re: Hawaiian Airlines- A Great Experience!

Hawaiian's ticketing agents seem to have become more surly since Aloha's demise, as if they know there's no real threat to them in the interisland market and they can get away being curt.
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

I dig HA, the best way to get off the Islands (if you dare).
      Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
      ~ ~
      Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
      Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
      Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

aloha eveyone,
        my name is mike and i visit oahu about once a year. one of my friends has a house on lanikai beach and that is where i normally stay when i visit. i was just in oahu in august and stayed in waikiki. i decided to visit maui for the first time so i booked a vacation package through priceline.com. the package included flight and hotel at the paki maui (nice place), the flight was through go-mokulele airline (not so nice). they were an hour late departing oahu due to maintainance (not a good feeling). after our visit to maui they were late departing again. somewhere over molokai the pilot lifted the flaps and began to decend rapidly as we made a series of s-turns. at the time i thought that he was tring to make up time for being late. as we landed on the runway, he lifted the flaps again and stood hard on the breaks. soon we were just coasting at a low speed toward the terminal until the pilot anounced that we were going to pull off to the side so that the fire dept could inspect the plane and then said " everything was normal". i thought that he may have over heated the breaks until i saw fire trucks coming from every direction. the pilot came out of the cabin and opened the exit door and an overwheling smell of jet fuel filled the plane, we were told to evacuate and leave all of our belongings. as i stepped out of the plane i could see a geyser of fuel spraying from the wing all over the runway. we were soon shuttled off to the baggage claim area to wait for several hours for our luggage without any answers or assistance from the airline. the employees fled like roaches when they were asked any questions. our luggage did finally arrive after about two hours and we were on our way back without even an apology. i plan on going back to oahu in jan or feb and would like to see another island too but i think that i will fly hawaiian airlines this time.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangmike3789 View Post
          i plan on going back to oahu in jan or feb and would like to see another island too but i think that i will fly hawaiian airlines this time.
          Good decision. Hawaiian has a good record and I'm very pleased with their service.
          Consider going to Kauai, the Garden Isle. It's my favorite place in all Hawaii. Not a lot of action, but it sounds like you have had enough action to last you awhile....

Welcome to HawaiiThreads, aka HT. It's about time you posted - don't be a stranger.

Aloha
          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
          ~ ~
          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
            Good decision. Hawaiian has a good record and I'm very pleased with their service.
            Consider going to Kauai, the Garden Isle. It's my favorite place in all Hawaii. Not a lot of action, but it sounds like you have had enough action to last you awhile....

Welcome to HawaiiThreads, aka HT. It's about time you posted - don't be a stranger.

Aloha
            thanks,
            yes i have had a lot of action on my last trip and have seen most of oahu. i would love to see kauai. how many days do you feel is needed to see kauai for an average person. i spent three days on maui and i was good( road to hana, sun rise from haleakala, ect...) i know that i didnt see everything or even close to it, but a lot of it was stuff that was close to or simular to things that i see on oahu. lahaina wasnt much differnt than the fl. keys, same shops and same tourist junk. i was thinking about spending a day or two on lanai. i know that there isnt a whole lot there but i like that small town atmoshere. i live in florida so i try to avoid tourist areas like waikiki. i tell anyone that plans to visit oahu to get out of waikiki asap and see the rest of the island like kailua or haleiwa town. waikiki isnt a far cry from daytona or clearwater beach, minus the brown water that we have here.

Comment

Culture a big reason to keep Hawaiian Airlines’ identity | Honolulu Star-Advertiser (staradvertiser.com)

Keep the "Hawaiian Airlines" name.

Comment

Working...
              X