Phyllis Diller @ 95

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phyllis Diller @ 95

Another of the great comics is gone http://tv.yahoo.com/news/phyllis-diller-dead-at-95.html
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: Phyllis Diller @ 95

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    My daughter met Phyllis at the airport. When Phyllis couldn't find her boarding slip she was sent to my daughter's office, whereupon Phyllis dumped the contents of her purse on my daughter's desk. The contents were a disaster! My daughter said she was a crack up in real life, just a little "scatter-brained." My daughter was able to look up her records on the computer and gave her another boarding pass. She didn't miss her flight.

Blessed Be Phyllis
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I posted the following on Facebook a few hours ago. (I try to do a thankful post each day but have managed only 840 since 2 weeks before Thanksgiving 2009!):

"Thankful day 840...for having the absolute pleasure of working with Phyllis Diller, circa 1965. Also on the set that day was the funniest man I've ever known...my dad the director. Phyllis and Pop together were off the Richter scale of comedic entertainment! She adored him and even asked me what my mom was like. I took that as an inquiry of sorts; wondering if Pop was married or single! Fang was tucked away in Phyllis' dressing room at the time! ;^] Rest in Love, funny lady. You brought so much laughter to so many."

She was a warm, lovely, very funny lady. I don't think I ever heard a negative word about her. She and Betty White are what the entertainment industry should aspire to.

Comment

Her distinctive laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          ...for having the absolute pleasure of working with Phyllis Diller, circa 1965. --- Fang was tucked away in Phyllis' dressing room at the time! ;^]
          FYI, you do know that "Fang" was entirely fictional, and not based on any of her actual husbands? I wonder which husband was in the dressing room - she divorced Sherwood Anderson Diller in Sep. 1965 and married Warde Donovan in Oct. 1965.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            FYI, you do know that "Fang" was entirely fictional, and not based on any of her actual husbands? I wonder which husband was in the dressing room - she divorced Sherwood Anderson Diller in Sep. 1965 and married Warde Donovan in Oct. 1965.
            Yes' I'm aware of that. Phyllis introduced all of us to her husband as Fang! I mentioned on FB that i think it was husband #2, who she wasn't married to very long and, possibly, that's why she had the warm fuzzies for my dad!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              Yes' I'm aware of that. Phyllis introduced all of us to her husband as Fang!
              That's funny! (Well, she WAS a very funny person, after all.) Sounds like she enjoyed drawing people into a murky realm between her personal life and a stage version of reality; not unusual behavior for an entertainer - she was likely often "on" even when "off" stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                enjoyed drawing people into a murky realm between her personal life and a stage version of reality; not unusual behavior for an entertainer
                Funny you should say that!

matapule
                Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Phyllis Diller's final musical recording with Pink Martini (for their next album, being issued Spring 2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFdhIcldb0w

Details here

Comment

She had a sardonic insight and great courage.

Once remarking on network television , that when bored ,
                    she leaned against the washer while in rinse cycle.

Comment

Working...
                    X