X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Is HawaiiThreads.com too mean?

Originally posted by Lei Liko

I just realized that I have a big issue with people who don't know the difference between "YOUR" and "YOU'RE".
    [/snarky]
    Its all in how you perceive it's context and meaning. [/fingernails_on_chalkboard]

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
      Its all in how you perceive it's context and meaning. [/fingernails_on_chalkboard]
      OW ow OW ow OW ow OW! Lurkah, must you go there? You SO mean!
      (If you haven't read "Eats, Shoots & Leaves" yet, you gotta.)

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio

I'd never heard of it before. Mahalo.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
          I'd never heard of it before. Mahalo.
          I think you'll enjoy it - the author, Lynne Truss, is British, so the humor (humour?) can be droll at times, but you'll still laugh out loud. She is writing as someone who knows she is an absolute stickler for correct punctuation, and can make fun of herself for that obsession; at the same time, it is filled with hilarious examples of errors in punctuation. It just came out in paperback recently. I recommend it highly to all the editorial types who inhabit mean ol' HT. (Note the cheap attempt to stay on-topic.)

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko
            I just realized that I have a big issue with people who don't know the difference between "YOUR" and "YOU'RE".
            I bet yore talking about the February issue? it was larger that most.

Comment

Do you know the Australian joke about the Koala Bear? "Eats bush and leaves".
              An adult joke, quite funny, but can't be posted here.
              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I also heard for many years, of the allusion to a young male Aussie, the nikname they have for the generic him, is a "kiwi".
                WHY do they call him a Kiwi? Cuz just like the Kiwi bird, "he eats roots shoots and leaves."

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                  I also heard for many years, of the allusion to a young male Aussie, the nikname they have for the generic him, is a "kiwi".
                  WHY do they call him a Kiwi? Cuz just like the Kiwi bird, "he eats roots shoots and leaves."
                  Are you sure? Generally an Aussie wouldn't like to be called a Kiwi and visa versa.

My Kiwi buddy always responds when mistaken for an Aussie, "Do you see prisoner tattooed on my forehead?"
                  “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                  http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

aw geez. i meant a new zealander yout'

Comment

Hey - come on now; we're not being mean enough around here! Remember our cherished reputation! Kimo, you better go to some other thread now and pi$$ off Lynn --- oops; I was too late!

Comment

Hey - come on now; we're not being mean enough around here! Remember our cherished reputation! Kimo, you better go to some other thread now and pi$$ off Lynn --- oops; I was too late!
                        I've been getting a little worried about him lately. Hope he's feeling alright.
                        “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin
                          I've been getting a little worried about him lately. Hope he's feeling alright.
                          Nah, no mind him.. Sometimes he acks like a "Troll-y!"

We're all use to him!!!!

Auntie Lynn
                          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Actually Auntie I thought he'd been a bit of a softy lately.

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin
                              Actually Auntie I thought he'd been a bit of a softy lately.
                              Yeah, you're right!!!! He's actually a Big Teddy Bear!

He's funny, nice and intellegent. Don't tell him I told you. He'll get Big Head! heheheh

Auntie Lynn
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine

He's actually a Big Teddy Bear!

He's funny, nice and intellegent.
                                What'd I miss? I thought you folks were talking about kimo55.

Comment

Working...
                                X