Halloween

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Halloween

I have got some friends in Donegal - Ireland. Molly Gerry are a lovely couple and I have known them and stayed with them before. It's Molly's birthday on 31st, so a few of us are flyin over there on Wednesday morning (with our vampire capes). We will all be going out for a meal in Derry that night.
    Halloween is a big thing in Ireland and the celebrations go on for about a week.
    It's like a large Alloha Friday firework display, which goes on all of the time.
    We will be heading back home on Sunday.

Comment

Pomai, AWESOME!

I'm just gonna hold a tea kettle and make a sign.
      Wat? I'm PUA!! I live MWH!!
      HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Wow Pomai, I can't believe you made that so fast, it looks great! I like da shaka jus as much though.

You gonna get plenty attention, you ready for all that? I'm thinking about going as Snow White this year for Halloween if I dress up. Gives me an opportunity to put my "glowing" Pake complexion on display. My husband demands I get tan again, he misses da brown.
        I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

For those of us who prefer to spend Halloween night safely in front of the computer....

Massive Lahaina Halloween to go live on the Web

Lahaina's legendary Halloween scene will be streamed live online for those who can't make it and those who'd not be caught dead there on such a night as that.

Front Street floods with around 30,000 costumed carousers and non-costumed onlookers, with more keiki-focused activities wrapping up before it gets too dark.

And before the bar scene kicks into high gear.

MauiToday.tv and its host, actor Branscombe Richmond, will bring it all to oglers from 7 to 11 p.m. Wednesday, via Road Runner High Speed Online.
          Direct link:

Maui Today TV
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by LeiKaina View Post
            Wow Pomai, I can't believe you made that so fast, it looks great! I like da shaka jus as much though.

You gonna get plenty attention, you ready for all that? I'm thinking about going as Snow White this year for Halloween if I dress up. Gives me an opportunity to put my "glowing" Pake complexion on display. My husband demands I get tan again, he misses da brown.
            Even if you were to wear just Mickey Mouse ears on your head, you'd get plenty of attention. It goes with the territory. The last 2 Halloweens, I didn't dress up, and thoroughly enjoyed just being a spectator. I'll do the same this year.

I'll wear that Superferry "hat" for perhaps a few hours, then give it away, so I can just enjoy being a spectator. And believe me, Waikiki on Halloween night (especially late) has plenty of eye candy to "spectate".
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Here's my finished Superferry "hat"...

I put a roof over the bridge to make it look complete. Also notice the image of the parking lot in the opening of the bow. I checked every car thoroughly. There were no invasive species aboard. lol

Here's the part I added that will make comments (and possibly threats?) very interesting!...

I was gonna' dangle it in front using wire (per Peshkwe's suggestion), but I glued them on instead. Keep it simple.

And here I am all dressed in black (like the Bunraku puppet performers)...

I have a diving hood covering my head and neck (it's open in the front of course). Kinda' Ninja-like.

I also sprayed the entire thing with a generous coat of protective clear matte acrylic in case it rains.

My costume is DONE!
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

The all black underneath rocks the prop....totally puts the focus on the Ferry!

Get one of the big rubber dollar store whales (or small a blow up pool floaty whale) so you can carry it and 'swim' it in front of you to complete the whole puppet look thing, then give it to a kid when you're done.

Comment

Awesome, Pomai! On a scale of 1 to 10, that's like a 20 or so.
                  Well done.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Here's our Jack-O-Lantern!
                    Attached Files
                    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Great costumes!! And I love that pumpkin!
                      Lovena

Comment

Here's our jack-o-lantern. It is the first time we tried using a pattern to make something...

I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

oops - sorry so big!
                          I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Happy Halloween, Everyone!

That's awesome, Pomai! I'm sure you'll be a real hit!

So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

Happy Halloween!

Auntie Pupule
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I saw these two women dressed as SuperFairies at a Starbucks downtown this morning.

Note the bloody dolphin and the masking-taped messages like, "I (used to believe I) can escape state regulatory mechanisms in a single bound!"
                                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
                                X