Halloween

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Halloween

I wanna dress up as a Tea Kettle or a Solar Panel.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
      hmmm, but if you do that, you're more likely to get tricks than treats.
      Tricks? There are still hookers in Waikiki?
      Anyway, there are far more supporters of the SuperFerry than against it, so I'd get more treats than tricks.

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
      Dude, you just gave me an AWESOME costume idea for Halloween in Waikiki this year!
      You're gonna be a hooker?

I'm gonna' dress up as the SuperFerry!
      Oh. WHEW.

Serious! I'm gonna' make a cardboard SuperFerry prop that I'll strap over my shoulders, and I'll act all "mahu" to really be a "SuperFerry". LOL! And if I see any "heavy people" walking in front of me, I'll be sure to steer clear of the "whales".
      Oh dear, Pomai. That is SO not politically correct... and so funny too! Hey, there was a parade on Maui just a week or two ago and somebody had a small SuperFerry costume. Photos gotta be available online somewhere. Go for it. And have someone take photos of you!

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
      I wanna dress up as a Tea Kettle or a Solar Panel.
      Oooh, good one, Auntie! Maybe dress up Antonio (or PK) as the tea kettle and yourself as the solar panel, with an electrical extension cord connecting the two of you?
      Or you could just wear a sign that says "I'd be a solar panel if the county could ever find or fix one!"

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I'm gonna be a Hawaiian kine Pig Hunter this year...

Hiking boots, camo-pants, olive drab "Year of the Boar" T-shirt, big plastic hunting knife, and I found an 'old man' face mask connected to a camo-baseball cap.

I'll just keep asking if anyone's seen a pig... or my pack of hunting dogs. HaHa!
        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
          Oooh, good one, Auntie! Maybe dress up Antonio (or PK) as the tea kettle and yourself as the solar panel, with an electrical extension cord connecting the two of you?
          Or you could just wear a sign that says "I'd be a solar panel if the county could ever find or fix one!"
          I'm not artistic nor can I make a costume. Your advice to make a sign is up my alley!

Moa easy.

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Oh dear, Pomai. That is SO not politically correct... and so funny too! Hey, there was a parade on Maui just a week or two ago and somebody had a small SuperFerry costume. Photos gotta be available online somewhere. Go for it. And have someone take photos of you!
            Well, I made good on that idea. Here's what I came with...

That's me wearing the all-new-for-2007 "Hawaii Superferry Hat"! lol

Visibility is pretty good. I was going to make it higher up on my head, but nah. In case people take pictures, I'd rather stay low-pro.

I created it out of scrap posterboard, along with some Photoshop work for the graphics. It's assembled using a hot glue gun. The inside part that my head fits into has a liner from a construction hard hat we had laying around.

Here's some close-ups of the "Superferry Hat"....

Diggin' the photo of the parking garage on the back. I was gonna' add Lingle and Giribaldi looking out the back, but nah, I no like be too political about it. As if this already isn't! lol

For props, I'm gonna' hold up a cut-out of a whale giving a shaka and also a surfer sitting on his board waving thumbs down. Then make like I'm trying to avoid hitting both of them. LOL!

It's gonna' be a riot! Look out Waikiki, the Superferry is-a-comin'!
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Very well done buddy!

Gotta love the SuperFerry...
              well I guess not, but gotta love the costume!

Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                Very well done buddy!

Gotta love the SuperFerry...
                well I guess not, but gotta love the costume!
                Mahalo MM!

I originally thought of making it really big and wrapped around my torso, but taking into consideration how congested the crowds get along Kalakaua on Halloween, this "hat" is more practical and less likely to get crunched by folks squeezing through.

Here's a couple more angles, so you see how I can see through the catamaran opening in the middle, and also under and around the sides, so if I tilt my head a little upward I have full peripheral vision...

Obviously my work shirt for the day doesn't match the HSF. On Halloween I'll wear a long sleeve blue dress shirt that matches the blue on the HSF hull. Good enough. Not sure if I'll carry the whale and surfer dude props. I don't wanna' (potentially) be THAT controversial! lol
                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Find an old set of football pads, paint em black. Glue foam-core onto the shoulders so it comes up to almost the bottom of your ferry (so you can still turn your head) shaped so each side is identical - smooth up front and rising to something like a wake in the back. Glue some blue sheer organdy or tie-dye some old curtain sheers, bunch it up and glue it at the bottom of the foam-core for the water. At the front of the shoulder pads use some heavy wire to make a couple of 'antenna' like supports for your surfer and whale so they bobble around in front of the ferry...if you can figure out how to make em swivel a bit all the better.

Dress in all black underneath so you 'disappear' kinda like the Kabuki scene changers do.

Comment

Dude, you just gave me an AWESOME costume idea for Halloween in Waikiki this year! I'm gonna' dress up as the SuperFerry! Serious!
                    Yep, you were serious, and you're welcome! You did an AWESOME job, and it looks great!!! Very professionally done. I'm going to send your photos along to my source at HSF, if you don't mind.
                    I hope you have at least one friend with you when you go around wearing that, cuz I figure there'll be a few idiots who will either try to swipe it off your head or will try to whack it as a protest (and I don't mean Auntie). So be careful.
                    Congrats again on a job verywell done!

Comment

Well, our town had the Trick o Treat tonight. Minnie and Mickey Mouse are posing here. There was a brief downpour so we went in early. Teacup was a pumpkin but she didn't like her costume nor her leash so back to the house she went where she helped papa pass out the candy!

This year it was warm and muggy! We live in a small area with several culs-de-sac and there about 300 kids that came through.

Let's see your Halloween photos pleeeeeeease!

Lovena

Comment

I hope you have at least one friend with you when you go around wearing that, cuz I figure there'll be a few idiots who will either try to swipe it off your head or will try to whack it as a protest (and I don't mean Auntie). So be careful.
                        I'm certainly expecting some flack from some opponents that may be around. Hopefully nobody from Kauai will be in Waikiki that night. lol If they go as far as hitting or smacking it off my head, that's considered assault, and I'll quickly call the police on them, which there are PLENTY OF on Kalakaua on Halloween night. Or do I need to call the Coast Guard? lol!

Even if that does happen and it gets trashed, no worries, I can always make another one! I actually plan on giving it away to someone who might want it at the end of the night, so I can hit a club with my girlfriend without having to take it home. We'll see.

I'd love hear what your HSF connections think of this costume. I think it's pretty darned cool myself. I'll post more pictures of my Hawaii Superferry costume in its final and ready stage on Halloween night. What you seen so far is just my "test run".

Originally posted by Peshkwe
                        Find an old set of football pads, paint em black. Glue foam-core onto the shoulders so it comes up to almost the bottom of your ferry (so you can still turn your head) shaped so each side is identical - smooth up front and rising to something like a wake in the back. Glue some blue sheer organdy or tie-dye some old curtain sheers, bunch it up and glue it at the bottom of the foam-core for the water. At the front of the shoulder pads use some heavy wire to make a couple of 'antenna' like supports for your surfer and whale so they bobble around in front of the ferry...if you can figure out how to make em swivel a bit all the better.

Dress in all black underneath so you 'disappear' kinda like the Kabuki scene changers do.
                        That's an awesome idea. The only thing is I don't want to go too all-out, as I plan to go out clubbing with my girlfriend afterwards, and all that extra stuff will be a burden. I'm likin' that "wake" idea though! Maybe I'll add cotton around the waterline of the hull to look like that. I'll certainly use your idea of hanging the whale and and the surfer dude in the front using wire. Probably a steel low-E guitar string since it has "bounce".

I think the all-black idea you mentioned is referring to the Japanese Bunraku puppetry. Awesome. Yeah, I think I'll go all black. I even have a diving hood that I'll wear to cover my face and neck area.
                        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Hopefully nobody from Kauai will be in Waikiki that night. lol If they go as far as hitting or smacking it off my head, that's considered assault
                          Oooooh, now you have given me an idea! We can use something the size of your hat and make SuperFerry PINATAS! Then we'll sell 'em on the outer islands, so the protesters can whack 'em to their hearts content.
                          And get this -- instead of filling the SuperFerry pinatas with candy, we'll fill them with... (drumroll)... sour grapes.

I'd love hear what your HSF connections think of this costume.
                          Will do. Maybe I'll run the pinata idea by 'em too.

Comment

awesome job, pomai!
                            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

That's an awesome idea. The only thing is I don't want to go too all-out, as I plan to go out clubbing with my girlfriend afterwards, and all that extra stuff will be a burden. I'm likin' that "wake" idea though! Maybe I'll add cotton around the waterline of the hull to look like that. I'll certainly use your idea of hanging the whale and and the surfer dude in the front using wire. Probably a steel low-E guitar string since it has "bounce".

I think the all-black idea you mentioned is referring to the Japanese Bunraku puppetry. Awesome. Yeah, I think I'll go all black. I even have a diving hood that I'll wear to cover my face and neck area.
                              That's why I suggested the shoulder pads as a separate addition, you can take it off to drive or go party and not have it mess with the ferry itself.

The Kabuki scene changers was the first thing to come to mind...yanno, the guys all in black that move the mountains and the waves around for the backgrounds in different parts of the story while the actors do their thing up-stage. The Bunraku is a better reference since you'll kinda be like a big ferry puppet.

I dunno 'bout the E-string though, might not be strong enough to bear the weight of the little figures...all depends on how you plan to make em.

Comment

For props, I'm gonna' hold up a cut-out of a whale giving a shaka and also a surfer sitting on his board waving thumbs down. Then make like I'm trying to avoid hitting both of them. LOL!
                                Avoid hitting the whale, but hit the [Kaua'i] surfer head-on.

Hmm. I'm having violent thoughts, and it's not even Christmas yet.

Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Working...
                                X