Myna bird noise, help~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myna bird noise, help~

Does any reader know of any way to rid our trees of noisey myna birds, that is safe and legal? I appreciate the beauty of paradise, but of all the birds and we have a lot, the myna birds, just this last month or so, have started coming to our yard, and squawking for an hour or so, intermittently, we live without AC, and sometimes hubby has to work nights, so is napping afternoons. Doesn't happen to be a real problem often, so I am thankful, yet it seems interesting to ask and see what replies I may get.
    Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Re: Myna bird noise, help~

Sorry, mynah birds are one of the facts of life in Hawai'i. You might try asking the Humane Society if they have any suggestions, but I can't think of anything that would work short of cutting down your trees.

Comment

Except for occasional squabbles, mynahs usually only make a racket if there is a cat or dog in the area (they sound the alarm which every other kind of bird seems to recognize). Maybe you just have two groups of mynahs, trying to convince the others to relocate? Or do you have a cat or dog in the yard?

Comment

Hi, Albert,

Yes, we have a dog, and every yard around me but one, does.

Comment

You could always try to get them drunk! When I was working in the pineapple cannery many moons ago, the mynahs would get hold of some of the fermented pineapple skins and they'd end up so drunk they would just walk in circles. I wonder what kind of hangover they ended up with?

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

LOL I have no idea! I, for now, as I did about an hour ago, just run towards the tree they are in, yell & it has worked, but in once case, just drove the two into my neighbor's yard, but they didn't stay long, so...maybe if I just act a little crazy like this, it'll finally make them afraid of OUR yard. (grin)

Originally posted by Miulang
            You could always try to get them drunk! When I was working in the pineapple cannery many moons ago, the mynahs would get hold of some of the fermented pineapple skins and they'd end up so drunk they would just walk in circles. I wonder what kind of hangover they ended up with?

Miulang

Comment

Get some old CDs that do not work anymore. tie on some nylon string. Then tie the CDs to the branches of the trees on different levels.

It scares away the birds. It isn't very nice but it should work.

Comment

Working...
              X