Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jail time for LOST actress

Breaking news, from http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar.../br/br14p.html :

"Lost" actress Michelle Rodriguez this morning pleaded guilty to a single count of driving under the influence and was sentenced to five days in jail and a $500 fine in Kane'ohe District Court.
    The judge gave Rodriguez the choice between the jail time and 240 hours of community service, and she chose jail.
    Rodriguez must surrender to authorities at Kane'ohe District Court at 2 p.m. today.
    Rodriguez, who plays AnaLucia on "Lost," had been charged as a two-time offender, and faced up to 14 days in jail, fines up to $1,500, and the loss of her license for a year.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: Jail time for LOST actress

Here's the same development as reported by the Star-Bulletin. Of course, this only settles her account here in Hawaii. Not quite sure how her case is progressing in California, but by all accounts, her prospects there are considerably less lenient.

Comment

If it weren't such a serious offense, I'd say the jail time would be worth it for an actor, just to soak up the ambiance of the lockup. Remember DeNiro gaining fifty pounds for "Raging Bull?"
      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Re: 5 days in Jail, or 240 hours of community service?

Originally posted by tutusue
        And she appears to me to be street wise enough to more than take care of herself at OCCC.
        Pleeeeeeeaaase... the state isn't going to put her in general population. She'll be in protective custody.
        Last edited by admin; April 26, 2006, 07:10 PM. Reason: Moved from separate thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
          Pleeeeeeeaaase... the state isn't going to put her in general population. She'll be in protective custody.
          Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...whatever! Citing a reference will be appreciated.

Comment

Maybe she was scared that the community service would be in a morgue again...

"Saturday, December 06, 2003, 9:01 AM EST.
            Rodriguez Ordered to Work in Morgue

Michelle Rodriguez (Resident Evil, The Fast And The Furious) has been sentenced to community service in a morgue after being convicted of drink-driving.

The actress was involved in a hit-and-run accident and then four months later she was stopped again for speeding and found to be over the limit.

She agreed to a sentence of two days in jail and working in a hospital morgue instead of a longer prison sentence."

Comment

She's done this dance before, so this jail time, community service, and saying all the right contrite buzz words that the judge and the public want to hear are just humbug things she needs to deal with right now in order for her to make her way back to living the life of a celebrity, and all that that entails, that she's become accustomed to.

I think the more important issue is addressing the root of the problem that brought this all about — her continuing behavior of driving while impaired.

Notice that her drivers license is still intact?

She's just another traffic fatality waiting to happen, and when it does happen, hopefully it will be her and not some other innocent victim. That's when everyone will be saying, "Why didn't we pay attention to the warning signs?" But by then, it will have been too late.

Comment

It takes less effort to spend a week in jail and cough up a measely $500 then to actually spend 250 hours doing community service. Remember if compared to a typical 8-hour workday, that's over 6-weeks of a standard full time work schedule. One week in jail and chump change vs Six weeks of community service sounds like a bargain.
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

In the StarBulletin this morning http://starbulletin.com/2006/04/27/news/briefs.html

She gonna catch it in California!!!!

(ya gonna go JAIL, afta all! HAHAHAHAHAHA)

Jail time just got "LOST " foa a little while.

ROFLMAO

Justice PREVAILS!

Auntie Lynn
                  Last edited by 1stwahine; April 27, 2006, 07:45 AM.
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine

She gonna catch it in California!!!!
                    I hope she also gets her drivers license revoked or at least suspended for an extended period of time seeing how she's apparently in denial of any problem with drinking and driving and chooses instead to excuse away her behavior by placing the blame elsewhere and on other things instead of taking personal responsibility for what happened.

During the Dec. 1 arrest on Kalanianaole Highway, Rodriguez screamed and yelled at officers. She had to be carried into the Kailua police station because she sat down in the station garage and refused to stand up, according to a police source.

In court, Rodriguez apologized for her behavior but also blamed it on steroid injections she had been taking twice a month to treat allergies to "dust and cockroach resin" which began when she arrived in Hawaii last year. She said the effects of the steroids made her "manic," kept her up late at night and caused her to have "menstrual cycles three times" a month.
                    I get the feeling that her well-paid attorney played a large part in coming up with that creative excuse.

Comment

Taking Steroids for a medical condition and especially when it is controlled doesn't cause screaming side effects! I've taken Steroid Treatments for my Cluster Headaches and currently have started again. On top everything else, I suffer from Mental Illness. I don't go around "Screaming" even when intoxicated.

When I'm in PAIN, I grab a pillow to cover my face not to cause alarm and worry my MAMA. Her excuse in court was a Lame Duck one!

Some people make excuses all their LIVES. Such a pity. Such FOOLS.

Shame.

Even in Death...she going probably going say, "I shouldn't be here."

...let's hope and pray, the next time she drinks and drive, she takes herself and not an innocent LIFE.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

To be fair, medications affect different people differently. You can't say that just because steroids don't have a certain effect on you that they won't on me or someone else.

Comment

Point taken. My apologies.

Auntie Lynn

BTW: I am not a screamer!
                          (soft spoken demenor,lot's of ALOHA!)
                          Last edited by 1stwahine; April 27, 2006, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine

BTW: I am not a screamer!
                            My FBI friend hiding in one of the MWH dumpsters says otherwise. hehehe...

Comment

Yep...Michelle's statement reeked of attorney influence! Gawd, that woman has such a chip on her shoulder. I agree with Maddie...medications affect everyone differently with steroids having some nasty side effects. But, how does this woman explain her erratic, negative behavior prior to her move to Hawaii for Lost? On second thought...I don't much care. Like others here have stated, I just hope her next 'incident' (and there will be others, considering her 'my $h!t doesn't stink' attitude) doesn't end in the loss of an innocent life.

Comment

Working...
                              X