Wet and wetter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wet and wetter

Another report from Mililani..... In the back of Launani Valley, down the road going past Oceanic.
    A tree fell down here. It is too dark to see it, but it was LOUD.

Shut the windows here too, but the rain came in any how. That's ok, the windows on that side needed washed any how.

Beautiful lightning and thunder. I love it.

Comment

it was a harrowing white knuckle ride today going Kailua side via H3. Rain so thick can't see ahead. can't see lines on the road. thank gawd it's always different weather on da oddah side o da tunnel.
      Good to see my hometown again. gotta spend more time windward side.

Comment

From here in Kaneohe I could see lightning every 10 to 12 seconds at around 9pm last night, when you folks in central O`ahu were getting slammed. Hope all of you are okay and didn't have any damage.
        It's 7am here, and no wind at all except for tiny puffs from the south. Beautiful sunrise!
        Looking at the radar picture just now, there's a huge system south of O`ahu and heading this way, and the colors of the image show very heavy rain and, probably, more lightning. I'd guess we'll see/feel it around 10 or 11 this morning.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
          From here in Kaneohe I could see lightning every 10 to 12 seconds at around 9pm last night, when you folks in central O`ahu were getting slammed. Hope all of you are okay and didn't have any damage.
          It's 7am here, and no wind at all except for tiny puffs from the south. Beautiful sunrise!
          Looking at the radar picture just now, there's a huge system south of O`ahu and heading this way, and the colors of the image show very heavy rain and, probably, more lightning. I'd guess we'll see/feel it around 10 or 11 this morning.
          Aha! It was around 9p last night that I saw those very faint flashes in Makaha. Musta been the residual light from windward or central Oahu. Whatta beautiful morning it is in Makaha...blue skies, white clouds, people already on the beach fishing, beachcombing, feeding the birds and swimming. I wonder how long that will last! I'll look forward to more rain today. It helps to keep me inside working instead of craving the beach!

Comment

Isn't it cool how it could be storming on one side of the island and totally dry on the other side? Looking out my back porch can see plenty waterfalls so it musta rained a lot last night. Take a drive on H3 today (if you can), check out the waterfalls close up.

Comment

Downright beautiful day today.

The carpet in our den is soaked, though. (Our 'den' is really an enclosed former outdoor patio, so water gets in here when it pours.) Viva la Febreeze!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                Downright beautiful day today.
                [...]Viva la Febreeze!
                Yup...still a postcard day in Makaha. The beach and ocean are a beehive of activity and I'm cooped up inside working. Waaaaah! Jeez...what'd we ever do before Febreze?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue

Jeez...what'd we ever do before Febreze?
                  We blamed the dog.
                  Last edited by lurkah; October 2, 2005, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne
                    Isn't it cool how it could be storming on one side of the island and totally dry on the other side? Looking out my back porch can see plenty waterfalls so it musta rained a lot last night. Take a drive on H3 today (if you can), check out the waterfalls close up.

It might be cool, but I feel so CHEATED! I want my raging thunder, lightning and torrents of rain over here in Hawaii Kai! What do we get? We get to hear thunder in the distance, teasing us! Instead of some of us getting flooded out, why not spread the love/rain around and let us all get just lush and green?
                    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                      Yup...still a postcard day in Makaha.
                      That was at 2pm, but TV news reported you did get rain later in the afternoon. True?
                      Guess we got lucky and yesterday's system sheared off and barely brushed the leeward coast. Whew!

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                        That was at 2pm, but TV news reported you did get rain later in the afternoon. True?
                        Guess we got lucky and yesterday's system sheared off and barely brushed the leeward coast. Whew!
                        There's almost always some clouds that roll in during the afternoon. Yesterday was no exception. However it remained a great beach day all day from my little perch in paradise. No rain at all. Dunno what was happening next door, across the street or back in the valleys!

Comment

Weather forcast for today: Mosty sunny skies with a chance of a few windward and mauka showers. Tonight calls for scattered showers mainly windward and mauka. Todays high in the upper 80's, low in the lower 70's trades 5-10 MPH! No marine warnings in effect...but watch out for those army men!

That's pretty much been the same weather report I've always given for over 20-years of doing it. You could actually record it and play it year after year after year. Since if you don't like the weather, wait five minutes!

Then there's George Carlin's weather report: Tonight calls for increasing darkness with scattered light in the morning. Temperature at the airport...well who lives at the airport anyway?!
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                            Then there's George Carlin's weather report: Tonight calls for increasing darkness with scattered light in the morning.
                            Just last week I was trying to find Carlin's "Hippie-Dippie Weatherman" routine on the internet and couldn't locate it. Anyone got an idea where to find the full text of it?

Comment

It's wet and ugly here at MWH. How's your area?

Auntie Lynn
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

It's very wet in Kakaako, tho' not a deluge

Comment

Working...
                                X