X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama Watch

Does anybody know if Barak Obama is in town for the holidays? I could have
    sworn I saw him last Sunday when I took family to Honolulu Hale to see the lights. As I pulled up to the intersection by Honolulu Hale a group of folks walked in crosswalk in front of us leaving H.H. That is where I thought I saw Barak Obama, and if it wasn't it was his twin brother!

Re: Obama Watch

Yes, he got here last Saturday, as I recall. You can look at the websites of the Star-Bulletin and the Advertiser and read the stories.
    For instance: http://starbulletin.com/2006/12/20/news/story10.html and also http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...0372/1171/NEWS
    Last edited by LikaNui; December 20, 2006, 06:47 PM.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

His middle name is Hussein. The same as good old Saddam. Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
        And? I suppose you have some glib punchline for that.

Comment

Educate yourself AlohaKine so I don't have to do it for you:
          http://www.sca.org/heraldry/laurel/n...ic-naming2.htm - Arabic naming conventions

Also, Hussein is a relatively common name within Arabic. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Husayn_%28name%29

Comment

Wak Wak Wak Wak!!!!!
            Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
            Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Beachboy View Post
              Does anybody know if Barak Obama is in town for the holidays? I could have
              sworn I saw him last Sunday when I took family to Honolulu Hale to see the lights. As I pulled up to the intersection by Honolulu Hale a group of folks walked in crosswalk in front of us leaving H.H. That is where I thought I saw Barak Obama, and if it wasn't it was his twin brother!
              Nice, is there still a 25 million dollar reward for information on him?

/I kid, I kid!

Comment

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...870192564.html
                Abercrombie and other Hawai'i-based Obama supporters are scheduled to hold the press conference in front of the Prince Kuhio Federal Building at 12:30 p.m
                TODAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                  TODAY!!!
                  Why the excitement? All "today" is about is a group of Obama's supporters urging him to run. No announcement from the man himself.
                  Unless it's Abercrombie that you're excited about. In which case, I recommend medication.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                    Why the excitement? All "today" is about is a group of Obama's supporters urging him to run. No announcement from the man himself.
                    Unless it's Abercrombie that you're excited about. In which case, I recommend medication.
                    Well 3 Newstations were there as well as both Newspapers...
                    (as well as a youtube reporter )
                    So I guess someones interested...

That youtube reporter asked two important questions.... who would be a good running mate....and when would the official announcement be made...

Abercrombie was nill on the first question and said that it would probably be on Oprah when he does make the announcement.... Abercrombie also predicted that it would be the most watched Oprah Winfrey EVER!

Comment

Originally posted by Deep Thought View Post
                      Educate yourself AlohaKine so I don't have to do it for you:
                      http://www.sca.org/heraldry/laurel/n...ic-naming2.htm - Arabic naming conventions

Also, Hussein is a relatively common name within Arabic. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Husayn_%28name%29
                      I didn't say I was for him or against him or Arabs for that matter. They said the same thing on KSSK, kind of made me laugh. Not a big deal. And yes I know it is a common name, but the name's still the same.
                      Last edited by AlohaKine; December 28, 2006, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                        Well 3 Newstations were there as well as both Newspapers...
                        (as well as a youtube reporter ) So I guess someones interested.
                        Obviously a slow news day. A very very slow news day.

That youtube reporter asked two important questions.... who would be a good running mate....and when would the official announcement be made.
                        How would that group know when an announcement would be made? They're not part of Obama's camp. They might as well have asked them if Elvis was still alive, too. Or where Jimmy Hoffa is buried.

Abercrombie was nill on the first question and said that it would probably be on Oprah when he does make the announcement.
                        "Probably"? He's just guessing. Again, not newsworthy.
                        Last edited by LikaNui; December 28, 2006, 02:06 PM.

Comment

When a US congressman calls a news conference, reporters will attend - its a given.

As for the others there - actually they ARE part of Obama's "camp" as you called it. They are part of a nation wide, grass roots campaign to convince Obama to run.
                          My current & former state reps. are part of the group.

Obama has said he will announce his decision next week when he returns to Washington, DC - he didn't say anything about Oprah though I would hope he would be a little more dignified than that.
                          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

For those who care...a repeat of Obama on Oprah is currently airing on KHON. It'll probably repeat again tonight. 11p, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                              Obama has said he will announce his decision next week when he returns to Washington, DC - he didn't say anything about Oprah though I would hope he would be a little more dignified than that.
                              Abercrombie seemed pretty sure that if he announced.... it would be on oprah...

Why not? It's taped in his home state...and He himself already told the U.S. People on Oprah that if he did decide... that he would say it on Oprah....

Are you watching OPRAH now?

Comment

Working...
                              X