Nook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nook

Barnes & Nobles released a new edition of their Nook recently. This is their standard black and white unit which sells for $139. The Nook Color sells for $249. The old black and white version known as the Nook 1st Edition sells for $119 for the Wifi version and $169 for the 3G+Wifi version as supplies last.

I am sort leaning toward the new Nook but I am going to wait for a while.

Re: Nook

Depends on what you want to do with it. I hear the Nook color is quite popular. It's really a Android tablet. At a excellent price.

Comment

Helen, I looked at both the Nook and Kindle when I decided to buy an e-reader. The Kindle is far superior. It really is just like the commercials show. I got the $139 version. I've now had it for about 7 months and am very happy with my choice.
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I still wanna know who had the bright idea to call it a "Nook e-book." (Say it out loud...)

Comment

Does anyone know if either the nook or kindle has a zoom function? And if so, how does it look zoomed in? Still easy to read or scroll around? I'm asking for my mother who is complaining that they keep making the writing smaller and smaller these days

Leo - I bet they did that on purpose. They're hoping people see that and think they're buying something else.

Comment

For the Nook there is a way to change the size of the text but I never had a chance to try out that feature.

I got reminded by a person who I collaborated with on various rocketry and electronic projects that he has a Color Nook, which he runs Angry Birds from time to time. Also a co-worker who recently retired got a Color Nook as a retirement gift.

Comment

You can change the font size on a Kindle too. It's pretty basic but thats ok with me because all I wanted was a reader, not a mini-computer in my hand.

I think when you are looking at them, you have to just decide what you want to use it for. For me? just reading. For someone else - maybe more. I also like the feel of it, the weight, the size. I was able to check out the Kindle when I saw someone with it - they let me look and I was sold.

Enjoy whichever one you decide to buy!
              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

While I haven't purchased a Nook yet I did install the Nook reader software on my PC and signed up for the service which I think in the long run its what is going cost money. Initially there were 3 ebooks, then I choose 4 more free ebooks but some reason you had to give credit card information. After that I purchased two more books, one of them was the latest book in the Star Trek Vanguard novel series.
                Last edited by helen; August 14, 2011, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Now all you have to do is actually buy a new gadget! Enjoy
                  – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Passed by the Ala Moana's Barnes & Noble yesterday and they had posters announcing a new Nook product called the Nook Tablet. They are also dropping the prices of the Nook Color and the Nook Simple Touch.

Comment

And this week I think Amazon starts selling the Kindle Fire. I want to see what that's like before I buy.

Comment

Barnes & Noble is selling the The Simple Touch for $79 till May 12, 2012. Picked one up today.

Comment

Picked up a Nook HD+ just before Christmas for myself. Didn't get any other stuff for it at the time.

Did buy the Angry Birds Star Wars app for it.

Comment

E-reader suggestions?

Deleted:
                            Started new thread: "E-Reader Suggestions?"
                            Last edited by Amati; December 27, 2013, 11:11 PM.
                            Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Working...
                            X