No announcement yet.

Do I need a passport to visit Hawai'i?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need a passport to visit Hawai'i?

Apparently 26% of 1,000 people polled in a travel survey believe you need a passport to travel to Maui! Bahahaha! Let's let tourists continue to believe that they need a passport (since only about 27% of all Americans carry passports today) and that will eliminate some of the tourists everyone loves to hate.

Americans seem to think any body of land called an "Island" requires a passport, including some other locations within the US...sheesh.

Maui (Hawaii) 26%

Puerto Rico (U.S. Territory) 42%

South Padre Island (Texas) 50%

Catalina (California) 52%

Mackinac Island (Michigan) 60%

Guam (U.S. Territory) 62%

Marco Island (Florida) 72%

St. Croix (U.S. Virgin Islands) 76%

Dauphin Island (Alabama) 77%

Islamorada (Florida Keys) 83%
    Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Do I need a passport to visit Hawai'i?

Oh those ignorant travellers. Passports! Everyone knows you need an airplane to visit Hawaii not an Isuzu!
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I was in high school when I learned about daylight savings, so I can't give mainlanders too much grief about not knowing common facts about Hawaii.

Comment

Don't forget rabies vaccination?
        FutureNewsNetwork.com
        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Do I need a passport to visit Rhode Island?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            Do I need a passport to visit Rhode Island?
            My assumption, based on the list proferred in the article, is that there will be someone in this vast country of ours who would think so! I mean, it says "island" doesn't it?

Miulang

P.S. Seriously, though, if you're planning to travel to Mexico or Canada by plane, as of next week, you WILL need to have a valid US passport or they won't let you back in. You won't need a passport to travel within either country if travelling by car or boat until 2008.
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
              Apparently 26% of 1,000 people polled in a travel survey believe you need a passport to travel to Maui! Bahahaha! Let's let tourists continue to believe that they need a passport (since only about 27% of all Americans carry passports today) and that will eliminate some of the tourists everyone loves to hate.

Americans seem to think any body of land called an "Island" requires a passport, including some other locations within the US...sheesh.

Miulang

gaaaaaaah!! *scowls*
              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                Oh those ignorant travellers. Passports! Everyone knows you need an airplane to visit Hawaii not an Isuzu!
                You mean Honda, Isuzu called theirs the Rodeo.

Comment

And what's the currency exchange rate with Hawaii?
                  Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

It might actually be a problem of not knowing geography, and not that people think Hawaii destinations need a passport. The article stated, " State or country where each island is located was not disclosed in the survey". So, if someone from the midwest who has never been to Hawaii saw "Maui" on a list of names, they might not even know where it is. (Yes, it is true, not everyone in the US has such a facination with Hawaii that they've memorized all the island names. )

Comment

Some years ago while planning a trip to Hawaii I mentioned my intentions to our office clerical person. With a straight face she asked me how long it would take to drive there.
                      http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...geography.html
                      Last edited by sinjin; January 18, 2007, 08:15 AM.
                      “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                      http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                        And what's the currency exchange rate with Hawaii?
                        1 puka shell necklace = $5.99

I've always felt bad that I dont have the US states memorized. I know where CA, MA, FL, TX, NV, and NY is, but inbetween, not so much.
                        Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

In 1973, when I was registering for college on the mainland, the registrar asked (seriously) if I was an American citizen -- and could I prove it? I wound up having to show her my passport.
                          Burl Burlingame
                          "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                          honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Next, they'll have a survey out asking people if they think we still live in grass shacks and wear hula skirts.
                            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
                              I know where CA, MA, FL, TX, NV, and NY is, but inbetween, not so much.
                              Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
                              Next, they'll have a survey out asking people if they think we still live in grass shacks and wear hula skirts.
                              We have achieved balance; ignorance is no one's private domain.

We all know what we know - but we don't always know what we don't know (no apologies to Donald Rumsfeld.)

Comment

Working...
                              X