No announcement yet.

Do I need a passport to visit Hawai'i?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do I need a passport to visit Hawai'i?

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    We have achieved balance; ignorance is no one's private domain.

We all know what we know - but we don't always know what we don't know (no apologies to Donald Rumsfeld.)
    A corollary to that: and we go with what we have, not what we wish we had.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
      You mean Honda, Isuzu called theirs the Rodeo.
      yeah you see what I mean...ignorant...ummm yeah
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
        And what's the currency exchange rate with Hawaii?
        One hundred cinder rocks to the dollar and our mint Pele is still hard at work making more currency.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
          One hundred cinder rocks to the dollar and our mint Pele is still hard at work making more currency.
          But you can't carry it back to CONUS, or you'll suffer the "Brady Bunch" curse.

Wait...Craig, you have SIX sons??? Too late; but is there a "Watanabe Bunch" show in the works?

Comment

Can you imagine opening up an exchange counter for naive tourists? Yes we can exchange your US currency for Hawaiian currency. Okay 100 cinders for a dollar. Would you like it in a single 100-cinder boulder or 100 pebbles. If you take the boulder there's a discount because it's hard to break change here.

And no Watanabe Bunch in the line up. But sometimes I feel I'm in the middle of a Sims City game with the dramas that go on under this roof.

Comment

Hey, anybody who has any Hawaiian money that they want to exchange for U.S. money please contact me! Heck, I'll give you "two U.S. dollars" for "one Hawaiian dollar".
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaiian_dollar

Comment

Originally posted by SouthKona View Post
                Hey, anybody who has any Hawaiian money that they want to exchange for U.S. money please contact me! Heck, I'll give you "two U.S. dollars" for "one Hawaiian dollar".
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaiian_dollar
                Sorry part of the problem with Hawaiian Currency is that it cannot be exported out of the Big Island, But in your case that doesn't matter.

I actually got a ripped edge of an old Hawaiian currency note. I found it while rummaging thru a box that was thrown out at one of the recycle centers here on the Big Island.

Comment

Hey that's some funny stuff, but ignorance of unlearned stuff really can't be helped. IMO
                  The first time visited Vancouver Island, and then sailing with Don around...
                  He had me use the tide and current charts. Water flows different directions and at different strengths depending on the time of tide. Whoa, In Hawaii the ocean current basically goes from North East to South West and our tides only 3 feet max. So not a worry unless near reefs or close to shore. You know what I mean... HaHa!
                  Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I lived with a girl for 10 months once.

Until she realized I was there.

Thank you. Thank you very much. I'll be here all week.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Wrong state. You might need one for Arizona.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                        1)I lived with a girl for 10 months once.
                        Until she realized I was there.
                        2)Thank you. Thank you very much. I'll be here all week.
                        1) Okay... but was it you or her that needed the passport?
                        2) And thanks buddy! Always enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                          Wrong state. You might need one for Arizona.
                          Tragic and funny?! I giggled too because of the raw humor. Oh well...

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                            Apparently 26% of 1,000 people polled in a travel survey believe you need a passport to travel to Maui! Bahahaha! Let's let tourists continue to believe that they need a passport (since only about 27% of all Americans carry passports today) and that will eliminate some of the tourists everyone loves to hate.

Americans seem to think any body of land called an "Island" requires a passport, including some other locations within the US...sheesh.

Miulang
                            this thread is funny on multiple levels.

you don't need a passport to visit guam but you do need one to return to the us.

Comment

Working...
                            X