Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: President Barack Obama!

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
    No doubt the site was already designed and ready to go.

Comment

Someone has already reserved the domain name "ImpeachObama" as well as "ImpeachPalin" (I dunno if the same person reserved both or not *g*)

Comment

Show your pride, with a sticker!

http://pol.moveon.org/shepstickers
        1 for free, X $ for more.
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

http://www.flickr.com/photos/barackobamadotcom/

I apologize if it's been posted before. The election night photos are neat to look at.

Comment

Originally posted by pnayalohaangel View Post
            My husband and I are stationed in Virginia. We were one of the big states that would determine if there would be victory for Obama. Virginia is always republican but there are a lot of african americans here so it switched the state's party to democrat. I am very glad the Obama is president. This country needs change.
            Actually, not to diminish the African-American vote in Va., but I think it was the DC bedroom communities in Fairfax and Loudoun Counties which flipped Virginia (Loudoun County a bedroom community? Man! When I lived in Annandale in Fairfax County Loudoun was all horse country!).

Virginia also now has two Democratic Senators, as Mark Warner (former Gov. term-limited to one term) was elected to the retiring Republican warhorse John Warner's seat.

Virginia looks much nicer when it's blue.
            http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
              How much is the program guide of the Hawaii HS Basketball Tournament worth during Punahou's championship year with Obama?
              [FONT="Verdana"]Good question. I checked my stash of sports memorabilia and have found that the 1979 tourney is one of those I DO NOT have. AUWE![/FONT]

Comment

Obama's Nov 7 News conference, several youtube links

Comment

Obama: 50 Facts

Comment

Obama is already sitting down with an unpopular, aggressive world leader without preconditions

Obama Planning U.S. Trials for Guantanamo Detainees

Comment

Hawaii's presence on the national political scene has never been stronger than it is now. Hawaii-born Barack Obama is now the president-elect. Sen. Dan Inouye is now the chair of the powerful Appropriations Committee.

But it may get stronger still. McKinley HS grad Tammy Duckworth (currently the Illinois Director of Veterans Affairs) has been mentioned as a possible candidate for the US Senate to take over President Obama's former seat. Duckworth (who made a joint appearance with Obama at a Veterans Day wreath-laying ceremony in Chicago) has also been mentioned as a candidate for a cabinet position as Secretary of Veterans Affairs. Either way, it puts yet another person with Hawaii-ties on the national political stage.
                      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

And what are those cited with marketing and advancing tourism and small business growth doing with this windfall?
                        Nothing that I've seen, nor have they ever seem to have done much except bring home nice paychecks and set up a free ride for more sky blotting hotels where they're not needed or wanted.
                        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Obama's diplomatic victory; How agreeing to talks without preconditions destroys Iranian hardliner's propaganda

Comment

Obama says, during the 60 Minutes interview, that he supports a college football playoff, and will "throw his weight around" to help make it happen.

That's good.
                            FutureNewsNetwork.com
                            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

There's now talk about Obama being staunchly anti-gun.

A lot of gun enthusiasts are in a panic-buy mode, fearing that Obama will take their guns away. So they're buying all the guns they can get.

Some friends who own guns and are members of the NRA believe that Obama is going to reverse the Supreme Court decision regarding the Second Amendment. And they're looking at getting their guns right away.

I'm a gun owner and figure it this way: If the Federal Government decides to take away everyone's guns, then buying them now makes no sense. They'll know who bought guns and make them give them up. At the end you'll be out a bunch of money and lose your guns.

And if the Federal Government doesn't take away all the guns, and you're truly concerned about home defense, wouldn't it make more sense to buy one or two guns and LOTS of ammunition?

What these people forget is that the president can't just declare an edict and make something like that happen. It has to go through Congress and the Senate. And even then it can be challenged by the Judiciary.

Besides, the president elect has a lot more on his mind than domestic gun ownership issues.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                                Obama says, during the 60 Minutes interview, [...]
                                Dayam...I knew nothing about tonight's 60 Minutes interview until TK's post. Fortunately the entire interview is HERE, broken up into 3 links.

Comment

Working...
                                X