Dodge Caliber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodge Caliber

This is a trivial question but I'm still curious, nevertheless! Has anyone else noticed the sheer plethora of Dodge Calibers along our highways and byways?

This make and model was on my long list of cars I was considering because I really like the sleek look (sleek for a smallish station wagon) and it's very decent price point. While it didn't make the cut to my short list it most certainly made the cut on lots and lots of short lists! I really am amazed at how many I see on a daily basis. Or, do I just keep seeing the same 10, over and over again?
    Last edited by tutusue; August 7, 2010, 05:38 PM. Reason: add link

Re: Dodge Caliber

Any time I see a sudden increase in the percentage of a particular inexpensive, low-maintenance, sedan, small SUV or convertible -- especially if it's a domestic -- I assume that make/model is the latest rental-car fleet darling. I'll bet that's the case with these Calibers.

Comment

I am gonna have to echo the rental car comment. I have a rental car paid for by my work, and whenever I go in to change the car, the Caliber is perhaps the most populous on the lot. I think it fills th genre for "Mid size" car.

The plethora of Mustang/Mustang convertibles, as I found out the hard way, was attributed to the sheer amount of them being rented out of the airport and other satellite locations.

I take possession of my "new to me" vehicle on September 25th and can't wait. Now that I think about it, are Mini Coopers popular in HI? They never stood out to me until I bought one, now I see 'em everywhere.
      flickr

An email from God:
      To: People of Earth
      Date: 9/04/2007
      Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
      God

Comment

I would also add that when you're shopping or paying attention to a particular car model, you tend to notice it more often.

Comment

Joshuatree...you're so right! My problem is that I've been out of the car buying market for a little over a month but I'm still hyper-alert to all the cars around me! I'm looking forward to that ending. That said, I've rarely seen a Honda Insight, which is what I got.

ZFF and Tatt...The rental car market didn't even occur to me. Makes sense because the possibility of so many being sold to individuals wasn't making any sense at all! Mahalo for the answer to my question!

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
            are Mini Coopers popular in HI?
            They were a hot item for a while, but seem to have leveled off.
            Are they REALLY good?
            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
              [...]Now that I think about it, are Mini Coopers popular in HI?[...]
              Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
              They were a hot item for a while, but seem to have leveled off.
              Are they REALLY good?
              I see quite a few around town but nowhere the #s of the Caliber. A few clients of mine have mini coopers and love them. One mentioned it's his all time favorite car to date. What I get a kick out of most is that those clients are all fairly small statured people! They look so cute in their MCs!

Comment

I'm what anyone would call a car nut, and I find it really difficult to quantify what makes a car appealing to me. Having lots of horsepower helps, but it's also about the way the engine revs and the sound it makes. It's not just about how aerodynamic the body is, it's also about car's style and personality. It's about how the shifter feels as I row through the gears, how the steering feels as I toss the car into a corner, the sound the door makes when I shut it, the way the turn signal stalk clicks, the way the pedals are positioned... the list is endless.

I have a good friend with a Mini Cooper, and I've put in a lot of hours behind the wheel of her car, including a bit of spirited driving. Her little Mini is one of the most fun cars I've ever driven. I adore it. It's got a peppy little engine, nimble handling, excellent overall feel and LOTS of character.

Comment

Working...
                X