Thanksgiving 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thanksgiving 2007

My 18.66 pound Manor House from Foodland Turkey's button popped an hour earlier than I had expected. The thermometer in the turkey's thigh indicated 170 degrees, so I figured, yeah! It's done. But when father-in-law carved, the juices ran pink. Anyway we ate the top and the appendages and put the carcass in the crock. It being Friday, I will now clarify the broth for a turkey soup dinner tonight. Still, next year's turkey will be roasted upside down. Sheesh.
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Re: Thanksgiving 2007

Leftovers today for lunch: turkey sandwiches made with slices of homemade oat bread, slathered with homemade orange cranberry sauce and dressing and a piece of homemade Okinawan sweet potato pie with haupia on top for dessert.

The turkey was so tender that it literally fell off the bone (cooked it in a bag). The pie looks a little weird because it's purple on the bottom and white on top, but man, it tastes a whole lot better than the traditional pumpkin pie.

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
      X