"Stargate: Atlantis" on Sci-Fi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Stargate: Atlantis" on Sci-Fi

I've been watching SA since it debuted last year. This season, Jason M., most recently of North Shore (watched once before getting totally disgusted) has joined the cast. Tonight was his first appearance. It looks like he's going to be a regular.

Re: Jason Momoa on Stargate Atlantis

The promos seem to hint of Jason being part of the cast. What is not known is the fate of Rainbow Francks who plays Lt. Ford.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
      The promos seem to hint of Jason being part of the cast. What is not known is the fate of Rainbow Francks who plays Lt. Ford.
      It would be too bad if they "offed" Ford but judging from last night's episode his days might be numbered. So far, I think this season SA is better than SG1. Your thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp
        So far, I think this season SA is better than SG1. Your thoughts?
        YES!! My husband & I were in shock over the crappy SG1 season premiere. Perhaps it was because new characters were being introduced and dynamics were being established, but....bleh. It was weak. It's gotten a little better, but I attribute that to more on screen time by Teal'c and Daniel (and even Vala). Lt. Mitchell seems to be written to be O'Neill-like, but while O'Neill's dry wit was funny, Mitchell's joking remarks seemed mean-spirited in one part of this past episode. But then I stopped to remind myself....It's only TV!!

Stargate Atlantis has been awesome this season. It really picked up in the last few episodes of last season, and now, wow!! The addition of new cast members is seamless. I'm glad to see Mitch Pileggi (sp) from the X-Files. He was the first bolo-head man I had the hots for!

Battlestar Gallactica is also a must-see for us. Our poor kids miss our Friday night outings so we need to start using our DVR funtion on the cable box.

Comment

The storyline for Stargate Atlantis is basically the same from Season 1 to Season 2 as far as they are still dealing with Wraith. Stargate SG-1 on the other hand managed to deal with the conflict of Anubis, the Replicators and most of the Goa'uld at the end of Season 8. With start of Season 9 it started with the formation of a new team, never mind the fact that half of the original team came back, plus the ground work for a new enemy called the Ori.

Plus after about a year they finally found a replacement for Dr. Frasiser.

Comment

Thanks Helen for wrapping that all up so neatly - I now truly have a better understanding of what's happening with SG1 and will watch with more appreciation. I'm also really glad we have some good choices for Sci-Fi television now with both SG's plus Battlestar as well as some of the made for TV movies SF Channel does.

Comment

Tonight's episode (8/12) was kind of interesting with other people fooling around with the team's weapons and shooting off a bazooka pointed in the wrong direction. Blew up a house in the process, but no one got hurt.

Comment

The whole thing reminded me of nothing so much as a bunch of crazy rednecks yelling "hey, watch this!" as they do something disastrously dangerous when they should know better. Fortunately no one was injured. BTW, did you see that Jason Momoa was named best alien by the Honolulu Weekly? What's up with that?

Comment

And he has been on for what 3 to 4 weeks on the show?

Anyone notice that the leader of the planet who sent the people to the island penal colony so that they can be eaten by the Warith also stared in an episode of Stargate SG-1 a few years ago doing almost the same thing?

Comment

Re: "Stargate Atlantis" on Sci-Fi

Saw a promo on the Sci-Fi channel where it says that a new season of Stargate Atlantis starts on September 28. Amanda Tapping will be joining the cast.

Comment

Season 4 of Stargate Atlantis started tonight.

Cool scene was Col. Sheppard throwing Dr. Zelenka across a wide gap, but since it was in space he manages to do it and adding the statement "as far as I can throw you."

Comment

I like this show very much. It hits the right balance.
                        Burl Burlingame
                        "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                        honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

I purchased the DVD for Season 3 of Stargate Atlantis a couple of weeks ago and was watching some of the episodes. One of the episodes is titled "Sateda" which is about Ronon's home planet.

There are flashbacks in that episode about his planet while it was attacked by the Wraith. What was strange to me was that no one else on the planet had the same hair style as Ronon.

Comment

Tonight's episode made a reference to Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Batman and disaster movies.

Comment

Teal'c stops by Atlantis to give Ronan a few pointers about dealing with the IOA.

Of course the Wraith happens to crash the event.

Best line of the episode is when Ronan notices that Teal'c says "Indeed" a lot and Teal'c come back line is "I really didn't notice".

Comment

Working...
                              X