The Hibiscuses are all grey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Hibiscuses are all grey!

The strange part is in the past HT would log me out after a few minutes of inactivity. However lately, I can be logged on for days at a time.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
      Get plenty doo doo in the American Asylum topics.
      I'll take my shovel and go dig some up, should still be ripe eh?

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
        I'll take my shovel and go dig some up, should still be ripe eh?
        The grey hisbiscuses have the dried up ones, the red ones are fresher.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Yes. I pretty much resigned from the political threads, though I might occasionally lurk but find it's not worth the hassle to post to them much anymore.
          That's no fun for the audience who like the exchange of ideas. Would a radio talk show be interesting if all the callers would say their piece and then say, "I'll hang up and listen" without interaction with the moderator?

Comment

I heard it once said that only about 10 to 15% of talk radio listeners actually call in.
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I heard it once said that only about 10 to 15% of talk radio listeners actually call in.
              What's the percentage of the registered members who post daily, weekly, or monthly?

Comment

That is a good question. I'll punt that to our more statistically inclined moderator or admin.
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Gotta say something to make this hibiscus pink again.

Niteynite from the North Shore...here's wishing you all cool breezes to sleep in, and lotsa stars shining overhead. For y'all on the mainland, well, stay warm and have a good night!

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                    What's the percentage of the registered members who post daily, weekly, or monthly?
                    I don't know if vbulletin has that kind of user report function. If it does it is not super obvious to me.

There is however an average number of post that is shown in the user's profile page.

Comment

That's no fun for the audience who like the exchange of ideas. Would a radio talk show be interesting if all the callers would say their piece and then say, "I'll hang up and listen" without interaction with the moderator?
                      it's great when ideas can be passed along with objectivity. It's when the flaming begins is when it's no fun. And a radio talk show can be interesting if callers hang up and listen if the question isn't debatable but intriguing.

Comment

As someone who produces a weekly radio talk show, I can tell you that a few of our regular listener/callers do this ... but only because they know we have a very limited number of phone lines.

Unfortunately, we don't know how many listeners we have (long story, but we aren't on "regular" radio, so we can't do Arbitron), but I can tell you that most of the callers we get are regulars - but we are a targeted service as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                          As someone who produces a weekly radio talk show, I can tell you that a few of our regular listener/callers do this ... but only because they know we have a very limited number of phone lines.

Unfortunately, we don't know how many listeners we have (long story, but we aren't on "regular" radio, so we can't do Arbitron), but I can tell you that most of the callers we get are regulars - but we are a targeted service as well.
                          I've produced practically all of KGU's and KHVH's weekend talk shows over 20-years. You get quite a few "regulars". But hit a hot topic and new callers will chime in.

Comment

Hmmm...interesting observation: Now the Hibiscuses stay red longer!

Comment

Good job, man!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                                And a radio talk show can be interesting if callers hang up and listen if the question isn't debatable but intriguing.
                                Those moderators are the ones who have strong opinions that their listeners want to hear. It doesn't work with the on the fence moderators.

Comment

Working...
                                X