Obama Administration Takes Shape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Obama Administration Takes Shape

So Hillary got senate approval and Obama re-took his oath just to be sure. I hope Roberts got the oath right the second time.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
      told them to knock it off.

Doh! Why didn't W think of that?
      I'm sure it will work this time. As the celestial choir sings....

To be honest, I think any change will be a long time coming in many areas, not just foreign relations. President Obama will need his charming people skills; those who were ready for him to fix it all will become more demanding.

No matter who is in the White House, the next few years will not be pretty.

Comment

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...n4747913.shtml

So Obama policy is viewed the same as Bush policy by the good folks of Hamas.

Liberals have a rude awakening on the horizon in terms of their understanding of the Middle East, and the influence of a sinister book known as the Koran.
        FutureNewsNetwork.com
        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
          [...]
          No matter who is in the White House, the next few years will not be pretty.
          So true! It took us years to get into this mess. It's gonna take a few years to extricate ourselves from it.

Comment

and the influence of a sinister book known as the Koran.
            Really? I didn't know that since I haven't read the Koran. But since you have, can you quote scripture from the Koran that proves your point?

I haven't read the whole Bible, just parts of it. I can tell you for certain that the Bible is pretty sinister in parts fo sho.
            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
              Obama re-took his oath just to be sure. I hope Roberts got the oath right the second time.
              Wow, I thought this was a joke, but you’re right! The parties said nay to video coverage this time around, but you can still hear the do-over.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
              USA TODAY, page 2A
              11 March 1993

Comment

Liberals have a rude awakening on the horizon in terms of their understanding of the Middle East...
                Because we've all been impressed with the Conservative's grasp of the regional issues.
                “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

In the Bible, in Deuteronomy, and in Leviticus, there are references that could easily be interpreted as "convert or kill". Two times in the Bible. Certainly not a central theme.

The Koran is rife with "convert or kill"(look it up). 22 direct shots. With over 200 inferences, including excuses, reasons, mandates from Allah to stay in good graces. It's very logical. And would be easy to defend in court. It's got the strength of belief behind it, even at the judicial level. It's damned air-tight, imho.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a freedom of religion type same as my views on smokers. But in the religion of Islam, the extremists can easily justify themselves, and the moderates are not offended enough to openly condemn intolerable behaviors or try to change their ways from within.

To use the Christian analogy, it's like bombing abortion clinics. Bad behaviors. But when abortion bombers strike, their church disassociates with them. When cafe bombers strike, the Mosques are proud.

It's truly a subtle difference. As subtle as the difference between Obama and Bush in the eyes of Hamas.
                  FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

To use the Christian analogy, it's like bombing abortion clinics. Bad behaviors. But when abortion bombers strike, their church disassociates with them. When cafe bombers strike, the Mosques are proud.
                    TK, that's the best explanation I've heard in a long time. Kudos.

I was interested to read of Obama's reaction to questioning during his visit to the press room today; guess he is not "ready" to respond. Wonder if he is going to ignore the questions about the Raytheon lobbyist he has lined up for his administration?

Comment

• Re: Obama Administration Takes Shape

In the Bible, in Deuteronomy, and in Leviticus, there are references that could easily be interpreted as "convert or kill". Two times in the Bible. Certainly not a central theme.

The Koran is rife with "convert or kill"(look it up).
                      But is it a central theme of the Koran or just your over active imagination? I'm too lazy to look it up so I choose not to believe you. I may be lazy but at least I'm honest. Killing is not a central theme of my Muslim friends and that's all I can really relate to (btw, they are scathing in their remarks about the radicals and killing). How many Muslim friends do you have, Tim, who live by killing as a central theme?

What do the actions of some radicals of whatever religion have to do with the central theme of that religion? And, in the words of Reagan, "eh....eh....there you go again," Your analogy is inaccurate. Your analogy has no basis and therefore no merit.

God bless us all.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Lazyness is never a viable excuse for unused intellect. Curiosity should be quite enough to kill the cat.
                        FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Lazyness is never a viable excuse for unused intellect.
                          You presume intellect?! You presume waaaay too much.

Comment

White House technology in the dark ages for Obama and his crew. Guess the switch from Macs to PC's will be tough. Or will the White House go Mac all the way?

Silly rabbit. Macs are for kids.
                            FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

White House technology in the dark ages for Obama and his crew. Guess the switch from Macs to PC's will be tough. Or will the White House go Mac all the way?

Silly rabbit. Macs are for kids.
                              No, Macs are for people who demand a better computer with far less(pretty much NO) potential for viruses. Also, for those who want far less technical interruptions and red tape to wade through so they can get down to doing the fun, creative stuff.

I have a theory that there is a correlation between what brand of computer one uses and their political affiliation.

Republicans = PC user
                              Democrats = Mac users.

I'm probably way off on this but it's a theory of mine.

ME ? We have 5 macs in our house.
                              http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                              Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                              Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
                                I have a theory that there is a correlation between what brand of computer one uses and their political affiliation.

Republicans = PC user
                                Democrats = Mac users.
                                I use an abacus...where does that leave me? I know, I know, don't bother to give me the bad news (Luddite).

Yes We Will!

Comment

Working...
                                X