Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CompUSA parking fiasco

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    Yeah, if you believe those two "reality TV" shows you're watching. Personally, I think the really dangerous jobs belong to cops and firemen and soldiers, like that.

Or, maybe, "probably" not? You've got a 50-50 chance of being right, since you're guessing.

And a secret handshake too!

Alaska Crab fishermen actually do have the highest fatality rate of any occupation. (Maybe not ice road truckers but I couldnt think of anything else). Yanking cars from anywhere is dangerous work.

At least cops, firemen and soldiers get State and Federal pensions and retirements. Can't say the same for Crab fishermen or repo men.

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
      I have already decided to not shop at Compusa because of their return policy.
      It's not the most generous, but it works for me. What's the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
        It's not the most generous, but it works for me. What's the problem?
        Sorry to take so long to reply,
        I bought a mouse there, took it home and it worked about 6 months. On the package it said,"Guaranteed forever". I dug up the receipt, took it back and stood in line. I was shown their return policy and told this is a manufacturer's guarantee and I had to contact the manufacturer. They didn't have a problem displaying that guarantee in their store.

Costco, Sears, and The Mart's would have taken care of it on the spot. I didn't care for their service and decided to vote with my feet. Haven't needed to go back since. I may some day. I don't browse there or look at their ads. It was a cheap mouse and they could have garnered much good-will taking care of a customer. That's the way they choose to do business and I don't choose to do business with them. Did I hear they are closing stores? I'm not the only dissatisfied customer. Google "Compusa sucks" sometime.
        You can apply any terms to any situation to suit your perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
          Costco, Sears, and The Mart's would have taken care of it on the spot.
          A few stores might have. Most don't.

In the case of Sears, they'd do it if it was a store brand (like Craftsman). I don't think they do it for general merchandise.

Comment

Originally posted by Star of Gladness View Post
            Alaska Crab fishermen actually do have the highest fatality rate of any occupation.
            Seriously, though, this is not just false, it’s absurd! Here are the statistics that PROVE you are wrong...

All fisherman and fishing workers combined:

(118.4 deaths per 100,000 in 2005)

Soldiers in Iraq:

(705 deaths per 100,000 in 2005)

Maybe you have a source that says different?

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
            USA TODAY, page 2A
            11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
              A few stores might have. Most don't.

In the case of Sears, they'd do it if it was a store brand (like Craftsman). I don't think they do it for general merchandise.
              IF they had taken back the returns more liberally they may have thrived. I for one would have been a loyal customer. But, "NO!", they made me stand in a line and then kicked me in the teeth. I could have been a loyal customer but they didn't want to make good on a defective hardware item less than a year old, less than 20 bucks. Thought they were effin smart, now they are history! Good riddance. Cheap pricks.
              You can apply any terms to any situation to suit your perspective.

Comment

Working...
              X