Blaine back to Star-Bulletin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blaine back to Star-Bulletin?

Ian Lind's always-fascinating blog (http://www.ilind.net) leads off with this note today:
    "Can it be true? I've heard that former Star-Bulletin webmaster Blaine Fergerstrom is going to be returning to the newsroom after four years at Kamehameha Schools. It sounds like a score for the Bulletin! Fergerstrom's move is reportedly is part of a shuffle in which current webmaster Ken Andrade will move over to become business editor."
    I agree it would be a score for the S-B.
    Blaine: any comments?
    Last edited by LikaNui; October 3, 2005, 08:14 AM. Reason: Added link

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: Blaine back to Star-Bulletin?

Aloha!

I just got out of a meeting with my immediate supervisor wherein I submitted my "two week notice" to Kamehameha Schools of my intention to leave. I am very saddened at leaving the wonderful teachers and students of Kamehameha.

I'll be returning to the Star-Bulletin later this month as webmaster, as Ian says, and I am grateful to the S-B for having me back. It's going to be a rush jumping back into the newsroom fray!

Only downside is that this time, I start work at 9:00 p.m. so we can make an early-a.m. publishing schedule! Ouch!!!

Didi Ah Yo and we Hana hou!

Blaine
    Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Thanks for the update, brah. You obviously wouldn't have made the move if it wasn't a better situation for you, so:
      Congratulations, Blaine!

Comment

All right!

Comment

Please get rid of the pop-up screen, please please!

Comment

Originally posted by Albert
            Please get rid of the pop-up screen, please please!
            Hi Albert,

I don't know if I'll have any say over that. I think the editorial-side web guys merely provide a "space" where the ad department sticks in whatever they can sell. Ad guys have a different view of all that stuff.

Ever notice the little "Firefox" icons (don't know if they're still there) spread around the site? Not there by chance. I think that was the ed-side guys suggesting a workaround. (Firefox blocks popups, no?)

Anyway, I'll do what I can, but no promises on that front.

Blaine
            Last edited by zztype; October 3, 2005, 10:31 AM. Reason: Clarity

Comment

Originally posted by zztype

Only downside is that this time, I start work at 9:00 p.m. so we can make an early-a.m. publishing schedule! Ouch!!!
              Congrats, Blaine! Just like a cat, you'll be landing on your feet running again.

And while you're slaving away bleary-eyed pulling that graveyard shift, please know that long-time loyal Star Bulletin addicts like me living on the mainland truly do appreciate (and appreciated in the past ever since the birth of the online edition) all your efforts in getting those daily web editions out.

Early, late, no matter to me. I just need my daily S-B fix. Reading the Hon. Adv. is my last resort.

Comment

Now , Can I tell? LOL Congrat's Blaine!

Auntie Lynn
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Yahhh!!!! Yes! Auntie's back online!!! All is good with the world again.
                  Blaine

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                  Now , Can I tell? LOL Congrat's Blaine!
                  Auntie Lynn

Comment

Eh, Blaine, is the Star-Bulletin gonna know that you're moonlighting as Auntie Lynne's webmaster too? They get one non-compete clause or what?

Comment

Nah, she's supposed to tell everyone that her webmaster's name is "Handsome Johnny Barend"!!!

Originally posted by LikaNui
                      Eh, Blaine, is the Star-Bulletin gonna know that you're moonlighting as Auntie Lynne's webmaster too? They get one non-compete clause or what?

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
                        And while you're slaving away bleary-eyed pulling that graveyard shift, please know that long-time loyal Star Bulletin addicts like me living on the mainland truly do appreciate (and appreciated in the past ever since the birth of the online edition) all your efforts in getting those daily web editions out.
                        Here, here!

CONGRATS Blaine!!!!
                        Lovena

Comment

Originally posted by zztype
                          Aloha!

I just got out of a meeting with my immediate supervisor wherein I submitted my "two week notice" to Kamehameha Schools of my intention to leave. I am very saddened at leaving the wonderful teachers and students of Kamehameha.

I'll be returning to the Star-Bulletin later this month as webmaster, as Ian says, and I am grateful to the S-B for having me back. It's going to be a rush jumping back into the newsroom fray!

Didi Ah Yo and we Hana hou!

Blaine

Once a newsman, always a newsman. Congrats, Blaine! There's nothing like a newsroom family. I know you were just missing some of those old cranks! There are some fun people over there, too! Right Maddie? Right Dick? My fave is Steph K.
                          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Can't wait to have Blaine back here. Never a dull moment when he's around. We had some good fun times back when he was here before...

Comment

Hey, Congratulations, Blaine! I didn't realize you were a celebrity!

I imagine all the folks at Kam are really going to miss you, but I have to agree SB has got it made now!
                              ~'Ailina

Comment

Working...
                              X