Help a white man please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help a white man please!

Aloha I want to make spam musubi the night before a party. I know how to make the musubi but not keep it until the party . Like do I warm it up the next day or what? If yall could help me I really appriciate it.

Re: Help a white man please!

Originally posted by haole4life
    Aloha I want to make spam musubi the night before a party. I know how to make the musubi but not keep it until the party . Like do I warm it up the next day or what? If yall could help me I really appriciate it.
    Usually, I make it the same day as the party, so you had me thinking. I know that I do not really like to put spam musubi in the fridge to later warm up in the microwave. It just doesn't taste as good as when you first make it. You aren't able to make it the day of the party?

Maybe you can also search or ask on HawaiiAnswers.com . Good luck. BTW, are you marinating your spam?
    Fukujinzuke! I've got myself in a pickle!

Comment

Aw, junk. I didn't know about marinating the Spam. The musubi recipes I got from Local Kine Recipes and Ono Recipes didn't mention marinating!

What's the marinade? Shoyu?
      ~'Ailina

Comment

My mom and grandpa usually just marinate with a shoyu/sugar mix, the same one they fry it with later.
        myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Originally posted by kupomog
          My mom and grandpa usually just marinate with a shoyu/sugar mix, the same one they fry it with later.
          That's how my "haole4life" wife makes it too. She kinda cheats... she uses this spam musubi mold to shape it. She makes it the same day as when needed but don't matter to me if I ate it out of the fridge... but that's me. If you gotta nuke it maybe its best if you wrap it in saran wrap or whatever so that it doesn't dry out.

Comment

yeah I aint hear about no marinating. Also I cheat but it taste so flipin good its worth it.

Comment

Working...
            X