Blaine back to Star-Bulletin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blaine back to Star-Bulletin?

Congratulations Webmasta-san, may the force be with you!
    ~Lika

\\000// Malama Pono \\000//

Comment

Originally posted by GypsyLika
      Congratulations Webmasta-san, may the force be with you!
      Yup, me and Luke and Leila and Dark Vadar!!! Hahaha!

Seriously, mahalo nui, all, for the vote of confidence and the well wishes. I will endeavor to live up to your expectations and I will do my utmost to exceed them. (Not sure how I'm going to do that last one, but hey...I'll give it a go anyway!)

Lava Gal, who are you??? How do you know all these people? You missed listing Erika and Buzz, too! Bunch of Bulletin Bozos hanging on this board!

Anyway, back to regularly scheduled webmastering. Have a great day, all.

Aloha,

Blaine
      Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ailina
        Hey, Congratulations, Blaine! I didn't realize you were a celebrity!
        I imagine all the folks at Kam are really going to miss you, but I have to agree SB has got it made now!
        "Celebrity" Blaine -- Hehehe. ???

Girl, you goin' get it from the folks up Kapälama Heights! Up here, it's "Kamehameha" or nothing. No such thing as Kam School, right?

Comment

Originally posted by zztype
          "Celebrity" Blaine -- Hehehe. ???

Girl, you goin' get it from the folks up Kapälama Heights! Up here, it's "Kamehameha" or nothing. No such thing as Kam School, right?

Auê! E kala mai ia`u! I knew that. One of those things that hits you right as you click the "Submit" button. Ekela of the Kulâiwi classes duly warned us about that!

I am checked!

Celebrity = everybody knows your name!
          ~'Ailina

Comment

Blaine Blaine Blaine...why did you leave in the first place? You should have known you would have outlasted Don Kendall.

Comment

Doh! You not supposed to say THAT!! Hehehe. See ya in a couple of weeks.
              Blaine
              Originally posted by sin
              Blaine Blaine Blaine...why did you leave in the first place? You should have known you would have outlasted Don Kendall.
              (LavaGal, I forgot, you can add Sin to your list of newsroom denizens, too!)

Comment

Blaine's probably headed back because for the Star-Bulletin newsroom this might be a rennaisance of enlightened management. It actually recognizes a valuable asset when it sees one.

Things are happening that actually make sense. Having a publisher with real experience at a newspaper this size makes a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
                  Once a newsman, always a newsman. Congrats, Blaine! There's nothing like a newsroom family. I know you were just missing some of those old cranks! There are some fun people over there, too! Right Maddie? Right Dick? My fave is Steph K.
                  Yup, Dick's a great guy!

Welcome back, Blaine.

Comment

Doh! You not supposed to say THAT!! Hehehe. See ya in a couple of weeks.
                    Blaine

(LavaGal, I forgot, you can add Sin to your list of newsroom denizens, too!)

Gotcha. Man. It's like having beers after work!
                    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Gotcha. Man. It's like having beers after work!
                      The old round table at Columbia Inn? Or something new at Restaurant Row?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                        The old round table at Columbia Inn? Or something new at Restaurant Row?
                        Yeah. You know, I could NOT STAND drinking at CI; what with that fricken velvet painting of the senorita behind the bar and the special shrine to OJ Simpson's ass.

Don't know where the SB shoots the breeze these days, but the atmosphere at RR seems kinda nice!
                        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Memories, memories! The Bar at Columbia Inn Quicktime VR image taken the day before it closed. Check Lee Catterall and Russ Lynch, SB barflies taking "lunch"!

When I left, the crew were partial to Murphy's. They liked to grab the back room, smoke cigars, drink Guinness, raise hell and close the joint down. Good, good times. (Whole buncha Bulletin guys have a glassy, faraway look in their eyes right now as they read this!!)
                          Yeah. You know, I could NOT STAND drinking at CI; what with that fricken velvet painting of the senorita behind the bar and the special shrine to OJ Simpson's ass.

Don't know where the SB shoots the breeze these days, but the atmosphere at RR seems kinda nice!

Comment

Memories, memories! The Bar at Columbia Inn Quicktime VR image taken the day before it closed.
                            Hey, did you get the photographer's permission to post that???

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Yeah, he said OK, but those guys at the bar were unsure if they should allow me to take their picture or not!
                              Originally posted by LikaNui
                              Hey, did you get the photographer's permission to post that???

Comment

Yeah, he said OK, but those guys at the bar were unsure if they should allow me to take their picture or not!

posthumously? As we can clearly see, they were already self embalming! Probably all smoking, too. Crusty old newsmen! They didn't give a rip if you took their picture as long as you bought another round!
                                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
                                X