New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

the best line ever about pineapple on pizza - I totally agree!!!!
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

So from this episode while Chin Ho and Steve went to the same high school, it was on different years with Chin Ho being the older one.

Comment

I think Honolulu is a big enough town that all local people aren't related to each other.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
          So from this episode while Chin Ho and Steve went to the same high school, it was on different years with Chin Ho being the older one.
          We knew that from the pilot, because Chin Ho said McGarrett broke all of his records.

I thought this was the best episode so far. And the ending was cute.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

So now we know. Kukui High School is actually Iolani!

Comment

No, they just filmed there!
              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Happy to see more local actors in tonight's ep. Also got a kick out of the scene in the lobby of the Kahala Resort when Chin and his cousin end up outside...it's still the Kahala Resort, and not the Ihilani or Turtle Bay or wherever!!! I wonder if Kono caught any waves at Waialae Beach Park!

I agree with Scriv. I liked tonight's ep.

Comment

The website TV By the Numbers keeps track of weekly ratings for every show on the tube. Now they have individual pages set up for every broadcast prime time TV show with each weeks ratings and a synopsis of each episode. Here is the page for "Hawaii Five-0":

http://tvbythenumbers.com/hawaii-five-0-cbs

So far the program has a "medium" safe chance of not being canceled this season.
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post

So far the program has a "medium" safe chance of not being canceled this season.

Will Five-O able to make at least 1 Season?.... Kinda shame if it doesn't....
                    The orig did what 10 Seasons?

Comment

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
                      12 seasons, from 1968 to '80.

So far, the show is holding its own as far as ratings are concerned. The early Nielsen data for last night is encouraging.

CBS moved into first in the 10 p.m. hour with 12.03 million viewers and a 3.5 demo rating for "Hawaii Five-0." ABC's "Castle" was a close second with 11.9 million viewers. NBC's "Chase" fell to 5.83 million viewers and a 1.7 demo rating.
                      Basically, H50 is running neck-and-neck with Castle. But considering that Castle has the advantage of having the most popular Monday lead-in show (Dancing With The Stars) while CBS' sitcoms have been a been a mixed bag as far as ratings go, H50 fans can take heart that the show is doing very well considering the circumstances. Assuming the bottom doesn't suddenly fall out, I think Hawaii 5-0 is going to make it through the first season.

Last night's episode was the best so far, in that it actually had a plot that made sense, with some good old-fashioned detective work and deduction thrown into in with all the high-tech electronics. Note to the producers: Whoever wrote this ep,..... that person(s) is a keeper. Better keep 'em around.

And despite some of the comments written on this thread, I have to say,.... while the new Danno is more outspoken than the original, Scott Caan's character is the one who is more cautious and tends to play everything by the book. It's McGarrett who is more impetuous and acts like the loose cannon. Actually, the boss is the loosest cannon out of the entire 5-0 team. This makes for some interesting viewing, but as I earlier said,..... the only similarities between the original and the current series are the character names and the fact that the show is shot in Hawaii. That's it.
                      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                        12 seasons, from 1968 to '80.
                        I guess it's much harder now, with short attention, so much going on and cable TV too.

Back then there was only 3 channels.

So most of America "had" to watch Five-O.

I always wondered, what about those who watched it on-line? Or DVR it? Does it count in the ratings?

Comment

• Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                          but as I earlier said,..... the only similarities between the original and the current series are the character names and the fact that the show is shot in Hawaii. That's it.
                          I'm starting to keep that in mind when watching it. It makes the show more enjoyable and I'm not consistantly comparing and fact checking with the old Five-O.

It's just hard to "let go" of the old show.

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
                          I still don't think they did a good enough shot in selling Hawaii. When there is break away shot before a scene, it's always people doing some kind of water activity or a aerial shot. Ok, we already know Hawaii has water. We know people surf. We know people cliff dive.

It's not glamorous, or sexy the way other shows try to showcase Vegas or Miami. I don't mean ladies in bikinis . More like they need to make Honolulu glamorous and sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by cabanalane View Post
                            I didn't see it yet. In Magnum it made sense. The Ferrari was not his.
                            I guess the Ferrari wasn't McGarrett's either.

Originally posted by cabanalane View Post
                            If the Camaro was not special enough, they could always fix it up with aftermarket stuff.
                            So whose Camaro is it? First, Dano is driving a silver Mustang. Then, McGarrett drives a silver Camaro. Now Dano's driving a silver Camaro.

Comment

Next episode a Mustang owner will be driving a Camaro, and a Camaro owner will be driving a Mustang!

Comment

Originally posted by zff View Post
                                I guess the Ferrari wasn't McGarrett's either.
                                I would guess not. Driving an exotic would seem to be a requisite prop for an undercover cop posing as a highroller.

Since McGarrett is still new to the job, I find the whole scheme plausible. But as time goes on and the profile of the Hawaii 5-0 team grows, I'm gonna start calling BS if future episodes continue to have McGarrett (sans disguise) going undercover against organized crime. I mean, c'mon, are viewers supposed to continually buy into the notion that mob bosses are too stupid not to recognize the state police chief trying to infiltrate their illegal activities?
                                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X