Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michael Jackson - RIP

McCully Woman Wins Jackson Memorial Tickets
    The odds were at about one in 200. But a Hawaii woman will join tens of thousands at the Michael Jackson memorial Tuesday. The 17,500 tickets were assigned by lottery Sunday. Out of the 1.6 million people who registered, long-time Jackson fan Dezer-Rae Santos got the e-mail she was waiting for.

Comment

She needs to be at Dodger Stadium Monday morning to pick up her vouchers, if she can find a flight there in time...
      Lucky you're already there, TG!

Comment

The trip thru dodger stadium parking lot to get the tickets was quick and easy!! We didn't even have to get out of the car. So, I have my wristband, my ticket to Staples Center, now I just gotta pick out a dress and check the rail schedule for tomorrow!

I'm so excited and this is all kinda still sinking in!!!
        ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Stevie Wonder, Mariah Carey set for Jackson memorial - OMG! Stevie Wonder is going to be there!

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
            The trip thru dodger stadium parking lot to get the tickets was quick and easy!! We didn't even have to get out of the car. So, I have my wristband, my ticket to Staples Center, now I just gotta pick out a dress and check the rail schedule for tomorrow!

I'm so excited and this is all kinda still sinking in!!!
            Make sure it's a dress that goes with flats or your feet will be screaming.

Comment

A Los Angeles city councilman wants AEG and the Jacksons to foot the bill for whatever costs the city incurs as a result of the memorial tribute at the Staples Center. Estimates are being made at about $2 million.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...l-options.html

I don't think anyone can fault the councilman for taking this stance. After all, it was AEG that decided to hold this huge event in downtown LA, which is sure to attract thousands beyond those who actually have tickets and wristbands to attend the memorial. So there will definitely be a need for police and EMS presence.

And oh yes, it doesn't help that the state already is $24.3 billion in the hole and is now paying bills with IOUs.
              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                [...]
                I don't think anyone can fault the councilman for taking this stance. After all, it was AEG that decided to hold this huge event in downtown LA, which is sure to attract thousands beyond those who actually have tickets and wristbands to attend the memorial. So there will definitely be a need for police and EMS presence.[...]
                The MJ memorial is akin to any other big production in town. The majority of non-government related productions are required to hire off-duty police in addition to an appropriate number of EMS personnel and vehicles, security, traffic control and to apply and pay for any city and state permit fees that are appropriate to the production...such as street closures.

This is a huge production that just happens to be a memorial service for a celebrity rather than the filming of a feature, for example. I agree with councilman Zine.

Comment

Edited to delete post.

Ooops. Sorry. This is a RIP thread.

Comment

eric and i are watching the memorial as we get ready to leave since sunrise an the early show (our usual shows to watch every morning) were pre-empted by it. stevie wonder just performed and right now, kobe and magic jackson are reminiscing about michael jackson. turtlegirl is very lucky to be there. it's an amazing show that probably won't ever be matched.
                    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

• Re: Michael Jackson - RIP

For those who aren't watching the memorial...cyn's right! Brook Shields just finished the most touching, poignant eulogy I've ever heard. Gotta reapply the mascara.

Lucky you, TG.

ETA: I just lost it with Usher. I need to watch the rest via DVR when streaks of mascara don't matter...
                      Last edited by tutusue; July 7, 2009, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Oh wow. When Jermaine sang "Smile", it reminded me of another great entertainer we lost, Freddie Morris. Freddie would perform that song in his shows. Ugh... where's the Kleenex?

Comment

Tears. Tears. RIP Michael. Tears. Tears.
                          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

the most poignant and meaningful parts were when mj's friends and family spoke. didn't much care for sharpton's or texas rep jackson-lee's speeches. brooke shields, marlon jackson and paris jackson brought tears to my eyes with their very ordinary human and therefore most moving words.
                            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                              [...] marlon jackson and paris jackson brought tears to my eyes with their very ordinary human and therefore most moving words.
                              I had to leave before I saw this and it appears my DVR ran out of space before the end. Hopefully I did, in fact, record these 2.

Comment

I just saw the replay of Paris and am now in need of not only another coat of mascara but a full on make-up redo. That minute or so was an absolute heartbreaker.

Comment

Working...
                                X