Googling Yourself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Googling Yourself

682 hits. Most interesting - Youngest ever tried for a capital offense? [I swear I didn't do it!]
    May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

I was surprised to find so many women with my name...one is a child psychologist who writes books, one works for a board of education in Florida, one does PR!!! Who knows what else? I find plenty of me with my stories all over the place so that's kinda cool. I need to update some of my material now to reflect the new job, etc.
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I checked (for the first time) just now and all that came up was the roster for where I work. The rest were just one name or the other. Boring.

Menehune Man on the other hand...
        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

You gotta represent your name. Wasn't there a documentary about people who share the name of Grace Lee?

Comment

I'm veering a little off topic but when discussing self-googling with friends, googling former boyfriends/girlfriends/spouses arose. A lot of my friends have apparently googled not just themselves but former love interests in their lives, just to see what these people have been up to (even if they have no intention of trying to get back together with these people).

Comment

Thinking "outside the box", try searching for yourself on YouTube.
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Thank gawd that didn't bring anything up!!! Good tip, though. Phew!
                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Ok, this is interesting. There's a guy out there with the same name as me who has a very similar job, the same hobbies and the same interests. What are the odds of that?

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                    You won't find me by name, but there's more than a dozen videos out there that include me performing on `ukulele or bass guitar (some with singing).

Comment

Originally posted by zff View Post
                      Ok, this is interesting. There's a guy out there with the same name as me who has a very similar job, the same hobbies and the same interests. What are the odds of that?
                      That was sooo funny!
                      Thanks
                      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                        I'm with lavagal. Thank goodness nuffin' came up for me! LOL!

Comment

I actually found a smart Paul Ogata! Took a while.

He gave a speech at the Air Transport Research Society World Conference in 2005.

The listing reads:
                          Paul Ogata and João Batista Camargo Júnior, Universidade de São Paulo, "Hazard Evaluation of Aircraft Collision on Ultra Closely Spaced Parallel Approaches Operation"

I wonder if he ever Googled himself and was deeply disappointed with the waste-of-college-education using his name on the other side of the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
                            Most interesting - Youngest ever tried for a capital offense? [I swear I didn't do it!]
                            Nathaniel Abraham?

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                            USA TODAY, page 2A
                            11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
                              I'm veering a little off topic but when discussing self-googling with friends, googling former boyfriends/girlfriends/spouses arose. A lot of my friends have apparently googled not just themselves but former love interests in their lives, just to see what these people have been up to (even if they have no intention of trying to get back together with these people).
                              Googling myself brings up my cousin - who has the same name as I and is a wine maker. If you slog through you eventually see me show up around page 6.

As to the ex-google - a few months ago I had a dream about a former gf. Someone I haven't seen in litterally 20 years. On a whim I googled her - and learned she died in a car crash the night before. True story.
                              "The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."
                              Socrates.

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                                Hey, that's NOT googling yourself! That's not my name, but with the information provided, it is possible to figure it out. If you do, I owe you a drink.
                                May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Working...
                                X