Times market steak plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Times market steak plate

Aloha all. Anyone know what Times seasons their steaks with? It's so ono! Been trying to reproduce the flavor with no luck. Mahalos in advance!

Re: Times market steak plate

Garlic salt and black pepper, or garlic powder, Hawaiian salt and black pepper. No secrets. I watched the guys grilling the steaks one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddee View Post
      Aloha all. Anyone know what Times seasons their steaks with? It's so ono! Been trying to reproduce the flavor with no luck. Mahalos in advance!
      I'm not sure about Time's market's version, but as far as the most excellent grilled steaks served at Foodland in Hawaii Kai, I found their secret is McCormick's Grill Mates® Montreal Steak Seasoning. And even if that doesn't taste like Time's version, I can almost guarantee once you try it, you won't ever want your steak grilled without it again. So easy too. No mincing garlic, chopping herbs or anything laborous. Just shake it on and slap them slabs on the grill!

You can get a HUGE bottle that will probably last you a year from Costco for under $5.00.

Of course, don't skimp on steak quality either. Go for the thickest, fattest, highest grade Rib Eye you can eye up in the store. And use charcoal, not gas!

I also highly recommend Blazin' Steaks on N. King Street. Awesome, and only $6, including a nice, air conditioned place to sit down and eat it!
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

If you're grilling your own, you might try Nori's Special Spice. They use it on the pulehu beef at Nori's in Hilo. Brok... da... mout.

Perhaps you can mail order some of it:
        Nori's Saimin & Snacks
        808-935-9133

To paraphrase Andy Griffith, "Mmm mmm... good spices."

Comment

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye View Post
          Garlic salt and black pepper, or garlic powder, Hawaiian salt and black pepper. No secrets. I watched the guys grilling the steaks one day.

that's basically all we use.

'cept when we top with blue cheese, jalapenoes, and roasted garlic. *drool*
          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Working...
          X