Shake and Quake!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shake and Quake!

Long bit of shaking here in Mililani about five minutes ago! Probably ten seconds of wobbling... long enough for me to go from amused to concened, capped off with a good shudder that prompted me into shuffling all the kids into the backyard for a minute. Definitely one of the strongest I've felt since leaving the Big Island, and certainly unexpected in the middle of the island.

Re: Shake and Quake!

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
    Long bit of shaking here in Mililani!
    WHOA here too in Waikiki. bed shaking off he ground
    website - http://www.brianhancock.com
    blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Comment

I'm scared. I'm by myself.

Plezzzzzzzz be with me.

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

That was scary... woke me and my wife out of bed....

10 seconds worth of rocking here...and two pictures came off the wall and now another jolt!

This is kinda scary....

Comment

Power blinked out. Posting via cell phone (that there's still service is a good sign... the rest of the world is still out there!) Was trying to link to the USGS earthquake page for "Did You Feel It?" reports. Anyone with power wanna help?

Only now realizing we don't have any battery powered radios... going out to the car to check for warnings.

Exciting morning! Kids are bouncing off the walls. Odd how a seismic event (and our adrenaline) can have an effect on 'em even if the two boys didn't notice a thing.

Comment

Anybody with pets should also be having a swell time. Last time we had a huge quake up here (over 6 on the Richter scale), one of our usually very mellow popoki totally went ballistic, climbed on top of one of the computer desks and, wild-eyed and bushy tailed, proceeded to pee all over the floor. Later, in retelling the story, it became humorous, but at the time, Shimai was totally freaked out. They say animals have a 6th sense about natural disasters.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

We're heading into town for Mass in Manoa... As of the airport, no lights at all since we left Mililani. Odd to see the tower dark. Might be awfully quiet on HT for a while.

Comment

I have news for you!

I felt that too!!! some miles off of Kona...according to the websites a mag. 4.9 and 4.6 hit this morning!!!

I was in bed and woke me up too.

those are big ones

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                  They say animals have a 6th sense about natural disasters.

Miulang
                  Scary stuff.

Comment

From the USGS website: at least 11 quakes have been recorded, all off the coast of the Big Island and Maui. And this. Looks like they were fairly shallow quakes. Preliminary reports say one of the quakes registered 6.3 on the Richter scale.

Miulang
                    Last edited by Miulang; October 15, 2006, 08:00 AM.
                    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

We felt both earthquakes too! In fact my son started freaking out as it woke him up out of bed. We are on the windward side and our power went out not too long after the 2nd quake.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                        Power blinked out. Posting via cell phone (that there's still service is a good sign... the rest of the world is still out there!) Was trying to link to the USGS earthquake page for "Did You Feel It?" reports. Anyone with power wanna help?

Only now realizing we don't have any battery powered radios... going out to the car to check for warnings.

Exciting morning! Kids are bouncing off the walls. Odd how a seismic event (and our adrenaline) can have an effect on 'em even if the two boys didn't notice a thing.
                        Here it is:

12 miles NE of Kailua-Kona 7:07:51 HST magnitude 4.6

34 miles N of Kailua-Kona 7:14:11 HST magnitude 4.9

14 miles NNE of Kailua-Kona 7:29:05 HST magnitude 3.6

First one's actually under the Big Island, the other two were under water off the coast.

Comment

We made it into town... no lights anywhere. Two firetrucks roaring past. High rises have clusters of people milling about outside. People seem to forget driving protocol when the street lights are out.

Mass in the dark. No amplification. Kinda neat.

Comment

Us big islanders are freaking out, i wanna know if there are any new lava flows somewhere!?!

Comment

Report from Honaunau, Hawaii

GOOD GRAVY !!!

20+ seconds of major rock & roll. Biggest I've ever felt in my 15 years living on the rock. I guessed it at 5.0. House moved almost 2 inches and nearly off some of the pier blocks. Dogs are in "weird" mode. My oldest is standing on two steps with her ass pointed up in the air, and her head hanging low. Funny. We got pictures down, and stuff flew out the cupboards. Clean up time.

Walked to the store, and drivers said rock slides up and down Mamalahoa Hwy south of here. Have not seen a firetruck or police car yet headed south.

Hope everyone is all right.
                              FutureNewsNetwork.com
                              Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Working...
                              X