This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 2

My husband took me out to a local Place we had never been too for my belated birthday dinner tonight.
    I ordered a drink and Chicken Fettucini and he ordered chicken Calzone
    So I get the drink and it has a piece of wood in it.
    Upon closer inspection it has wood IN the ice cubes!
    So I take it back and the waiter brings me a new one and says "apparently it was some wood in the ice cubes"...Yes there's your sign buddy!

So we recieve our food and it looks GREAT...Hubby takes a bite and says...This is not chicken...It's too chewy and hard,..it's turkey!
    So I try to cut my chicken and i can't...so I finally gnaw a piece off...YES TURKEY! .....so I thought well, i am just crazy, it must be the spices...I try to chew another piece! NOPE it's TURKEY!

So we decide Oh well we are starving just eat....Then my husband opens his calzone....Yes ladies and gentlemen.....COMPLETELY raw! All dough and YUCK....
    So my husband being a gentleman and not wanting to make a scene goes politely into the other room with out waiter and tells him of our dilemna...the waiter says nothing and comes in saying nothing and takes the plate...

As I hear him in the kitchen..."DID you use TURKEY in the calzone??!!" and berating some kid I am sure..

He comes out and says he removed everythign from the bill except the wodd drink!!
    I tell him I am highly disappointed because my brother had recommended this place and I hoped it woul dbe better than this...He said...well come back on Tuesday it is better then!

What?? I said "What's different Tuesday?" He said " I am working" I said "You are working tonight too!" He said " well it's different, not as many people"
    So we paid the 6.00 and left...I doubt we will return!
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Beef asparagus stir-fry with mushrooms. Instead of using oyster sauce I used a very LITE shoyu and garlic salt.

Half a bottle of Cabernet and still going. Wheeeee!
      Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
      We're not here to mess around
      Boston, you know we love you madly
      Hear the crowd roar to your sound
      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
      You know we couldn't live without you
      Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

One container of Ben and Jerry's Apple Pie Ice Cream (Limited Edition).

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
          So we paid the 6.00 and left...I doubt we will return!
          Yikes, I wouldn't go back, either! (Good for you, for your come-back to his, "I'm working" response!)

Went to Costco today, so we'll likely have the chicken-potstickers that nice lady was demonstrating, as well as the (non-Panda) orange chicken, with rice and some stir-fried Chinese peas (snow peas, if you prefer).
          I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Baked corb(v)ina and half a sweet potato. Lavagal, the corvina's on sale at Safeway 'til Tuesday. I also bought the Safeway brand deli soup; butternut squash. OMG...to die for, really!

Comment

Moroccan pork tagine (added garbanzo beans just for fun) over couscous.

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                Moroccan pork tagine (added garbanzo beans just for fun) over couscous.

Miulang
                Ooooooo (extra "o's" added because I was advised that my message was too short.)

Comment

The AF made beef stew and rice, to feed Daniel Ho & Herb Ohta, Jr., who are in town for workshops and a concert today.

Comment

Feijoada over rice. "Peasant" food at its finest!

Miulang
                    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Southern style chicken friend steak, with that thick crust on it, mashed taters and corn? or cornbread, heck not sure but the cooks will be back here soon.

I feel fat today, I think it'll be a huge spinach salad since they are selling it again, and I bought two large bags. I'll add something to my salad, just not decided what, yet.
                      Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Jumbo Jacks, Egg Rolls and a bottle of Orange Gatorade.

Comment

KFC Famous Bowl, cup of Mountain Dew and some salads from Foodland.

Comment

Popcorn chicken, corn on the cob from KFC, leftover salad and a bottle of water.

Comment

Eggs, Fried Ham, and Toast with Hot cocoa and 2 shots of Butterscotch Schnapps!....yes I drink heavily when I am sick., it helps you forget you are sick!
                              Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                              Sharing withother survivors...
                              www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Ahi Poke, leftover salads from Foodland. Bottle of water.

Comment

Working...
                                X