iPhone5 and Sprint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone5 and Sprint

Been seriously looking at the iPhone5 and perusing the various plans. This is my first foray into the realm of smartphones. It looks like Sprint offers the most appropriate plan for my anticipated use and budget. I just learned that a customer can sign up with Sprint, AT&T or Verizon at the Apple Store. My question is...does it make any difference whether one signs up at the carrier's store or the Apple Store? Is there an advantage of one over the other? TIA...

Re: iPhone5 and Sprint

There are large differences between the various plans.

Try not to get locked into a contract because getting out of that plan

will usually involve horrible fees.

As at the local farmers market, it pays to shop around.

A lot of the cheap android devices work very nicely .

Comment

Thx...I've already researched androids. I'm a Mac person of 23 years and want to be able to sych a phone, esp. the apps, calender and contacts that are currently on my iPod...not to mention my familiarity with all of those! I'm still iffy about Sprint due to the plethora of reviews about dropped calls but Sprint has the best plan for my needs. Just wondering if there's any difference between signing up at a carrier's store or at the Apple Store.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        Just wondering if there's any difference between signing up at a carrier's store or at the Apple Store.
        As far as each carrier's service plan goes, no. Theoretically speaking, that is.

What I mean by that is that the folks at an Apple Store can sign you up with any of the three "official" service providers for the iPhone. (AT&T, Sprint, Verizon). They'll know the current terms of service for each carrier. But note that I italicized the word "current." The Apple employee might not be an expert on legacy plans that you might still want to keep and apply towards your iPhone.

So if you are already a Sprint customer and you are interested in keeping parts of an older plan in place, a Sprint store employee would probably be of more help as far as that goes. OTOH, if you don't have a legacy plan and you just want sign up for a new plan, then there's no difference buying and setting up your iPhone at either place.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Thx so much FM. That's the info I was looking for. I'm not a customer of any of those carriers but that info is good to know nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            My question is...does it make any difference whether one signs up at the carrier's store or the Apple Store? Is there an advantage of one over the other?
            Unless you have a complicated existing service plan on any of the three, I'd strongly recommend going to the Apple Store. I know, it's crowded and catching the eye of a salesperson can take some time, but even so, I find the service much better on average than what you'd get at a carrier store (or, heaven forbid, a reseller like Radio Shack).

Fortunately, even if you buy your iPhone from WalMart, you can take it to the Apple Store for help. But since that'd be your service center, I'd just foster that relationship from the beginning.

I have a family plan with four iPhones and one grandfathered unlimited data plan that AT&T is trying very hard to talk me out of. I still buy my new iPhones at Apple, then take it to AT&T to sort out the back end.

Comment

Thx so much, PZ. The Apple Store is walking distance from my home so that's where I'd prefer to foster a relationship! I've heard from 2 sources that my current carrier, Mobi, might be offering the iPhone by mid year. I might just wait for that...as long as my current cell phone battery lasts that long!

Comment

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/2...odes-in-pocket

Is that an exploding iphone in your pocket or you're glad to see me?

Comment

France temporarily bans iPhone 12 over radiation concerns | Honolulu Star-Advertiser (staradvertiser.com)

French fries your brains.

Comment

Working...
                  X