Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gas Prices

ty for correction, salmoned. kinda hard to catch all details when whizzing by on a tricycle, as motorcycles with attached covered sidecars carrying up to three passengers are called here. actually, tricycles are the taxis of the PI for inter-town/city travel.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
      What? Me Worry? Not in the least. When the worldwide average temperature rises 4 to 5 more degrees and the oceans rise 50 more feet, we'll see conditions similar to those of 3 million years ago, when humans first evolved.
      Humans made do before in the city of Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
        Just saw a demonstration of the hydrogen technology, and of a device known as a Stynger.
        Stynger $400
        I just looked at Stynger website. IMHO - Stynger is bullshit device. Same as bunch of other - vortex, cold air intakes, ...

Comment

I test drove it. Clear difference in power at 5,200 rpm. Nearly was scratchin the Michelins in 2nd gear goin uphill at full tilt boogie.

Do you know if NASCAR uses any of these kinds of technologies?
          FutureNewsNetwork.com
          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Do you know if NASCAR uses any of these kinds of technologies?
            I'm guessing it doesn't. Most motor racing series have very strict regulations as to what kinds of technologies you're allowed to use on the car. NASCAR has very strict technical regs to keep the cars as similar as possible.

Starting next year, Formula 1, which is the highest level of motor racing in the world, will allow something they call KERS (Kinetic Energy Recovery System) in F1 cars. It's similar to the regenerative braking system found in modern hybrids. Braking energy will be stored (in batteries, flywheels, rubber bands, etc.) and used to assist in propelling the car later. With the kinds of R&D budgets F1 teams have (in the hundreds of millions of US $ a year per team), we should expect a lot of forward progress to be made on KERS technology. Stuff that should trickle down easily into road cars.
            Last edited by zff; August 14, 2008, 03:23 PM.

Comment

As hurricane Ike approached Texas, gas prices were raised $1.50 per gallon... in 24 hours.
              There should be a federal investigation, fines, loss of licenses and permits, and anything else they can throw at those crooks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I'm just glad that liberal politics has successfully prevented any more refineries from being built in the last 30 years. I'm also glad that Dems have resisted oil drilling for so long. Most of all, I'm happy that LOTS of alternatives are available to the average consumer, and yet, they still do not choose them.

I think I will go for a nice drive tomorrow in the 41 mpg Corolla. Won't cost much. Then, when I get home, I will pick some papayas, pineapple, cilantro, chili pepper, and onion, and whip up a little salsa to smother on my ono.
                FutureNewsNetwork.com
                Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Filled up yesterday in Campbell, CA. $3.74 a gallon. News reports: "expect much higher prices . . . soon."

Will be interesting to see gas prices as I drive up thru NV, ID, OR and WA - visiting family members on my way up to attend a Navy reunion in Bremerton.
                  Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

I think I will go for a nice drive tomorrow in the 41 mpg Corolla. Won't cost much.
                    Tim, I find it hilarious how you continue to tout your Corolla as a badge of fuel-efficient honor. For those of you on HT who would like to see three popular competitively-priced mass-produced cars that get better gas mileage then Tim’s vehicle, click here. The video is actually a competition between the three, to see which one lives up to its billing.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                    USA TODAY, page 2A
                    11 March 1993

Comment

$3.61 today in stuuupid hot Southern California.
                      I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

What's interesting is oil prices keep falling (it's under $100 now), but gas prices is not. Even raising! And now Ike happened, how convenient! Blame on Ike!!!

Comment

Big wind storm blew through Cincinnati yesterday and did a lot of damage, some places might take a week to replace the power. My mom says right before the power went out a lot of gas stations hiked their prices to as much as $5 a gallon.
                          Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
                          Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

Originally posted by MadRussian View Post
                            What's interesting is oil prices keep falling (it's under $100 now), but gas prices is not. Even raising! And now Ike happened, how convenient! Blame on Ike!!!
                            Didn't the oil companies have an emergency fund to cover disasters such as Hurricane Ike? Their huge profits must be sufficient enough to repair those damaged oil refineries from Hurricane Ike.

Comment

Does The Buses seem less crowded now that gas prices have lowered?

Comment

Not mine - it's mostly full of kids heading for St. Louis/Sacred Hearts/Hanahauoli/Punahou/Maryknoll/MidPac/St. Francis/UH Lab School/UH Manoa. (Most of them are polite about taking their packbacks off the "empty" seat so people don't have to stand, but some aren't - especially the St. Louis kids.) Only thing that seems to make a difference in ridership is a school holiday. There were days last summer when it was only me, one other passenger and the driver ...

Comment

Working...
                                X