The pain... it hurts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The pain... it hurts!

Ever since Monday evening, I've haven't been normal. First, it was a constant full stomach - even after 12 hours of no eating, I couldn't eat anything. Eventually I got rid of that by drinking some sort of tea that helped cleaned me. Then last night, I started to get a terrible pain on the mid-right side of my abdomen area. It was so bad, that I couldn't go to work, and I think I slept for a few hours today. Its hard to climb stairs, much less walk, so I only travel throughout the house away from my computer only to get nourishment. I'm a quiet guy, but sometimes I just want to yell out my pain. Today I missed work, and looks like I'll have to call tomorrow off too. To top it all off, I don't have medical!

My friend thinks its appendicitis, and my Mom is planning on taking me to the doctor's since its been more than 24 hours. I'll see if they'll let laptops in the hospital if I do go, but if not, then you'll know why I'm not here.

Please pray for me.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: The pain... it hurts!

Adrain, I can't believe your mom, who runs a care giving facility would put you in any medical danger. First of all, you're an adult. You should know the difference when you your body is normal or not. Not eating is no good. Dehydration can cause complications. Gosh! Where's WindwardRN?

When it comes to your health, no wait. Medical Insurance is costly. Hawaii has Quest and Medicaid to assist those who needs help.

Love and Aloha

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Hopefully it's nothing serious, but I would not worry about work. If you're in that much pain, everything else takes the back seat. Get well first and then worry about other stuff later.

Comment

sounds like appendicitis. I had the same symptoms when I was diagnosed.

Don't let it get too bad as a ruptured appendix can be fatal. A high white blood cell count is one way of determining if you got it. The pain is like getting kicked in the appendix (lower right below the belly button and above the pelvic line). The level of pain is enough to make you double over and break out in cold sweats and high fever.

If you are experiencing any of these symptoms get checked out immediately. I waited too long and almost died because of it when I was 14-years old. How long did I wait? About a day and a half.

I was on the bus heading from Waialae to Makiki and got off the bus. While walking down Piikoi I doubled over and barely made it into my Mom's doctor's office near Young Street. He did the blood test and took me directly to Queen's Hospital where I went into the OR for the operation. The doctor said one more hour and my appendix would have ruptured. Back in the 70's that was near fatal. I was lucky I got off the bus when I did.

Or you could have swallowed a fish bone.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

My husband had similiar symptoms. He also just made it. Adrian, don't fool around, get medical help pronto.

Comment

Adrian, prayers being said, no problem there! Hugs and take it easy! Do you need someone to stop by the shop? Feel free to ask!

Just go already! I hope you went!
            Aloha,
            Evelyn
            Homespun Honolulu

Comment

Hey Adrian, just go to the doctor's and have it checked out. Don't worry about work. Just concentrate on getting well.
              Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

If the pain is on the right side it could well be appendicitis. Go get checked and don't delay. If you're running a fever, go now!
                “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Hoping all the best for your health, Adrian!
                  Originally posted by adrian View Post
                  Ever since Monday evening, I've haven't been normal.
                  Ever since I was born, I could say the same thing...

Comment

I went to work pain free today, but when I drove home, I started to have the pain again (luckily it didn't bother me that much). I just came back from the doctor's and according to his diagnosis, I either have a kidney stone or gallstone.

I'll have to go to an ultrasound test tomorrow and give the results to the doctor ASAP.
                    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I went to work pain free today, but when I drove home, I started to have the pain again (luckily it didn't bother me that much). I just came back from the doctor's and according to his diagnosis, I either have a kidney stone or gallstone.

I'll have to go to an ultrasound test tomorrow and give the results to the doctor ASAP.
                      Really? And you still can WALK?

Auntie Lynn

Comment

I just came back from the doctor's and according to his diagnosis, I either have a kidney stone or gallstone.
                        Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                        Really? And you still can WALK?
                        You've got my sympathy, Adrian --- I've had kidney stones before, and they are no fun - but sometimes the pain subsides enough that you can function. They felt as if someone ran a spear through me, from back to front, then kept twisting it around. When the attacks first hit, I was at work, and had to lie down on a table. After about two hours, my co-workers took me to the hospital, where I spent a week mostly dosed up on Demerol, until the stone passed naturally.

It's been nearly twenty years since my last attack. The two dietary changes that likely made the difference:
                        1) dramatic increase in daily fluid intake,
                        2) dramatic decrease in antacid intake.

Keep us posted, Adrian. Stones are treatable (and the pain you experienced will be a strong motivator.)

Comment

forget it...baby him.

Comment

Stones? Eh, you not too young? I thought only us old futs had dat kine problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye View Post
                              Stones? Eh, you not too young? I thought only us old futs had dat kine problems.
                              My former s-i-l had a kidney stone when she was in her early 20s. She was writhing in pain for an hour before she woke us up. We got her right to the hospital. The pain didn't let up 'til the stone passed but she was given heavy pain meds in the ER. Poor thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X