X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gas Prices

May 13:
    Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    87 here in Kaneohe dropped from $4.49 yesterday to $4.35 this morning.
    May 16:
    That was just three days ago, and it dropped another 6 cents last night, to $4.29.
    And today, May 18, it dropped another 8 cents, to $4.21.

A 28 cent drop in just 5 days!!! Hallelujah!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Today is May 20th, 2011 gas prices have dropped in Hilo to $4.15 per gallon for regular. And tomorrow is the end of the world!!!
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

And today, May 18, it dropped another 8 cents, to $4.21.
        A 28 cent drop in just 5 days!!! Hallelujah!
        The world really must be ending tomorrow, because the gas today (May 20) was all the way down to $4.04.
        That's now a 45 cent drop in just one week!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yesterday the Arco in Ocean Beach @ $3.99/g, today $3.95/g.

Comment

idk if this has been mentioned before, but the app for iphone and droid 'Gas Buddy' is free and you can win $250 in gas every week.
            i started using it and its suprising how many places are cheaper then costco.
            Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
              idk if this has been mentioned before, but the app for iphone and droid 'Gas Buddy' is free and you can win $250 in gas every week.
              i started using it and its suprising how many places are cheaper then costco.
              I guess I'm a ludite, but I don't understand the concept. Why would I spend $300 on a phone and $60 to $100 a month on an iphone or android data plan to save $5 per month on gasoline by purchasing someplace other than Costco.

I have a "pay-as-you-go" old fashioned cel phone with no camera, no G3, no wifi, and when I don't use it, it costs me nothing. I got the phone for free when I signed up for my "no contract" plan. It works great!

I know, I'm stupid about these new fangled things. Somebody please educate me.
              Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Matapule, the only difference between your phone and my phone is yours is pay-as-you-go! The nifty little iPhone and droid apps are great for those who already justify their need for a smartphone and use it for so much more than something like Gas Buddy. But, you already knew that! Oddly enough, today, for the very first time, I wished I had a smartphone to google the address and map of a pharmacy I didn't know had moved...while I was standing at the door of their old address!!! I was too lazy to call information for the phone # then call the pharmacy for directions. My bad, I know, but a smartphone would've helped...but not enough to buy one! I snail mailed them the prescription!

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                  I have a "pay-as-you-go" old fashioned cel phone with no camera, no G3, no wifi, and when I don't use it, it costs me nothing.
                  Same here! Mine does get text messages, but I've never sent one. So really, my cel phone is... a phone. That's all I need, all I want.

Comment

$3.99 today (5/26/11) in Hilo!!!
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                      Matapule, the only difference between your phone and my phone is yours is pay-as-you-go! The nifty little iPhone and droid apps are great for those who already justify their need for a smartphone and use it for so much more than something like Gas Buddy. But, you already knew that! Oddly enough, today, for the very first time, I wished I had a smartphone to google the address and map of a pharmacy I didn't know had moved...while I was standing at the door of their old address!!! I was too lazy to call information for the phone # then call the pharmacy for directions. My bad, I know, but a smartphone would've helped...but not enough to buy one! I snail mailed them the prescription!
                      You could invest in a handheld navigation unit like a Garmin for instance. A simple model would be in the $200-$300 range and some come with free lifetime map updates. No monthly fees or contracts.

Comment

The world really must be ending tomorrow, because the gas today (May 20) was all the way down to $4.04.
                        That's now a 45 cent drop in just one week!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        And today, six days later, it was down to $3.91 a gallon!!!!!!!!
                        So it's now a 58 cent drop in just 13 days!!!

Comment

The price of 87 octane rose to US$3.00/gal. over the weekend all over Mexico. The Mexican are talking about a national boycott they are so incensed!
                          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Today, May 31, it's down to $3.85.

That's a 64-cent drop in 18 days.

Comment

Ours is up to 1.63. Euros. A liter.
                              http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                              http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

A liter is .43 gallons. At the moment, a euro is $2.35. I suck at math, but that's gotta be about $5 a gallon, right?

At Costco Gas this morning, $3.83/gallon. Neat to see historical price reports on Gowalla checkins:

http://gowalla.com/spots/79850

Comment

Working...
                                X